•Chapter 17•

***Michael's POV***

I've seen Lauren upset before but that's an understatement compared to this. No words can be described to seeing her scream at her aunt and uncle for not telling her that she was rejected from trying out for the Olympic team. She had every right to be furious with them, hell I would be pissed off too, but this is a whole new level. You could she her body shake with anger. It didn't help at all when her aunt referred to herself as Lauren's mum.

"Lauren Marie Jacobs I am your mother and you will treat me with respect!" Mrs. Court shouted and as soon as she said it, she regretted it, wishing she could take it back.

Lauren wasn't any better, you could see in Lauren's physical appearance that this was like a slap in the face. Lauren became pale, almost like she was ready to throw up, her legs practically gave out. I made a move to go help her but my mom stopped me, indicating it wasn't any of my business to get involved. If this made her this physically upset I could only image how she must be taking this emotionally.

"Lauren, sweetie, I'm so sorry, I didn't-" Mrs. Court tried to explain to Lauren but she cut her off.

"Save it. My mom would never make me stop gymnastics; she would never stop believing in me or my dream. You will never be anything like my mom!" Lauren screamed at her, tears rolled down her face as she ran upstairs and slammed her bedroom door shut.

The room became quiet. What was supposed to be a fun party that the Court's were nice enough to have for us to celebrate the mates and I going on tour, quickly became awkward as a depressing mood filled the room.

"What did I just do?" Mrs. Court sobbed into her husband's shoulder and my mum along with Luke's, Calum's and Ashton's mums rushed over to comfort her.

A moment later there was a loud scream coming from upstairs and muffled thumps could be heard as well as if things were being thrown followed by the sound of glass shattering soon after. Mr. Court quickly ran upstairs to see what the ruckus was.

"Lauren open the door." I could hear him say and repeatedly knock on her door. "Lauren open this door right now!" he demanded.

"Go away!" she screamed loud enough you could hear it though her door from down here.

Maybe 10 minutes later he walked back down stairs.

"Well she's not coming out and she's crying harder than I've ever heard her cry before." He said walking back into the room.

"Well try harder!" Mrs. Court demanded.

"Why do you think I was up there? She's not coming out."

"Oh my god, what have I done!" Mrs. Court continued to sob. "She trusted me to take care of her and I completely ruined everything. I'll never compare to Sarah." I guess that must have been Lauren's mum's name.

"Sue come on let's go over to my place, she just needs some time." My mum said and our mum's helped her bring her over to my house. The mates and I were following them out when Mr. Court called me over.

"Michael I want you to stay here and at least try to get Lauren to open the door. Try getting her to talk or something. Anything." He said to me.

"Okay, but why not Luke? He's better at this stuff then I am." I tried to explain to him.

"Because she trusts you the most out of anyone." He said and with that he walked out the door leaving me with this task that could lead to anything.

**

Walking upstairs, I made my way down the hall towards Lauren's room. I could hear loud sobs and weeps as I walked down the hallway. When I made it to her door it was like she was having an asthma attack or something because it sounded like she couldn't catch her breath, she was crying so hard. I lightly knocked on the door.