•Chapter 31•

Playlist:

If You Don't Know- 5 Seconds of Summer

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

Hearts Without Chains- Ellie Goulding

Don't Forget- Demi Lovato

***Michael's POV***

I woke up to the vibration of my phone going off indicating I got a text message. It was from Lauren.

We're done. Was all she texted me.

I had to have read it a good ten times making sure I was reading what I was seeing. I mean this text just woke me up, but for good measure I slapped myself a few time to try to see if I truly was awake, hoping, praying that I was dreaming.

What? I responded really confused.

We are done. she replied again.

What do you mean 'we're done'?! I texted back panicked, but she didn't respond.

Lauren!

Talk to me!

What do you mean we're done!? I frantically typed each time but she didn't respond. This isn't happening. Please God tell me this isn't happening, I prayed. Soon 5 minutes passed then 10, then 20, soon it had been almost an hour and she still didn't responded.

I couldn't breathe. I felt the walls in my bunk on the tour bus enclose around me and that's when tears started to escaped my eyes.

***Lauren's POV***

It's finally the last day of tryouts, results day. I stood next to my new friend Grace on the floor exercise mat waiting for the coach of the Olympic gymnastics team to announce who will be on the team or not. The tension amongst the girls was growing and so was the anticipation. It was eating me alive.

"God can they hurry up already!" I begged talking to Grace.

"I know! I'm so nervous I could barely sleep last night!" Grace said.

I couldn't sleep because of different reasons, I thought to myself thinking of what I texted Michael last night.

"I need this so bad." I said becoming extremely anxious. We had to stand there for a few more minutes and then the head coach came out holding a piece of paper in his hand.

"Good day everyone, I am Coach Dougherty head coach for the Australian Olympic Gymnastics team." He introduced himself. "I want to first coagulate all of you guys for coming out and giving your all, you all did really well and it was very hard picking five girls to join the team." He explained.

Coach Dougherty cleared his throat, unfolding the piece of paper. "Okay will the following girls please come and stand up here." He started.

"Good luck." Grace whispered to me.

"Good luck." I whispered to her too.

This is it. All in one moment I could see my whole life flash before my eyes, starting from my first tumble in the grass, to my mom's death, to the countless beatings, to the countless hours spent in the gym, to moving to Australia, meeting Michael, Luke, Ashton and Calum, winning competitions left and right, Michael and I becoming a couple, becoming an Australian citizen, then this past week, all leading to this moment I've wanted since I was little.

"Congratulations to Ivy Dunay, Lauren Jacobs, Grace Johnson, Madison McNaught and Cleo Van Houten. You have all been chosen to be on the Olympic Gymnastics team!" Coach Dougherty spoke into the microphone and cheering and clapping erupted throughout the arena.