•Chapter 7•

It took a lot of convincing and arguing, but I finally convinced Aunt Sue to let me join Manly Warringah, but it came along with conditions. I have to be 100% serious about it, no slaking off, be completely and fully dedicated no backing out and follow through with this. Along with my Aunt and Uncle's standards I must also practice for at least 2 hours a day and I have to keep at least a C+ average in all of my classes. I agreed along with other terms and settled that we would use the monthly checks my dad had to send, almost like child support I guess you could call it, to pay for it.

Yesterday- because I don't start school yet- Aunt Sue took me, Emm and Andrew back to the gym so she could meet and talk to Brendan and we discussed the plan for how the next two years were going to go. Even though I maybe starting late in preparation for my ultimate goal I have enough skill and practice as a good foundation that I could make it to the Olympics. Since I have equipment at home I would go to the gym every other day, but have to work out and practice at home for at least 3-4 hours if I want it that bad.

Having two years to prepare before the next Olympics in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is not a lot of time. In fact, in the gymnastics world that feels like the equivalent of 5 months- it isn't a lot of training time. The ideal, prime competing time for a gymnast in the Olympics is between the ages 15- 19 and 19 is pushing it. I was 17 now so I would be 19 in two years, it was now or never to make it. This will be my only chance and time to actually compete in the Olympics.

We discussed my competition and how I have to keep tabs on them, and how I have to make certain requirements before certain dates. Worlds were one year, tryouts for Australia's Olympic Team soon followed close behind along with qualification rounds to be eligible for the Olympics shortly after, plus the Junior Olympics right before Worlds, which Australia was graciously hosting this year. All of this on top of competitions on weekends. It's a lot to take on, especially on top of school.

***

After we got back home I was going to start practicing, but noticed it was a little too quiet. That's when I realized that there was no music coming from Ashton's garage. I looked around and saw Michael was working outside. He was digging a hole in the ground with a shovel and was profusely sweating from the hot day. Is I gardening I laughed to myself. He wore a black snapback, a white tank top and shorts. His red hair was clinging to his sweaty face along with his shirt that was drenched with sweat and clinging to his body.

I started to walk over to him so I could ask him why they weren't practicing, but it was hard to keep a straight thought because my eyes kept reverting back to his muscles, flexing as he continued to dig the hole. It didn't help when he stopped and took his shirt off, throwing it to the side, exposing his bare chest. I stopped dead in my tracks and I admired his physical features. I noticed he had tattoos on his arms, I never knew he had tattoos because every time we saw each other he was wearing a long sleeve shirt or a flannel, covering the tattoos. God was I actually falling for Michael? I mean he's really nice to me and he is attractive . . .

"Enjoying the view?" he called over to me laughing. He spotted me standing in the middle of the cul de sac in awe and a grin grew on his face.

I was snapped out of my thoughts and I could tell I started to blush. I continued walking over to him and asked why they weren't practicing, trying to quickly change topics.

"Luke is still at school, should actually get back in a few minutes. Ashton's at work and Calum promised his sister he would help her with something." He explained to me.

"Okay then what are you doing?" I laughed referring to him digging the hole.

"Oh I'm helping my mum, she wants to plant this tree." He said kicking the pot the small tree was in. "So how was the meeting?" he asked me.

"It was good I have all the dates I need to know so I can prepare myself. I was actually going to practice when I didn't hear any music." I explained to him. Michael asked me about gymnastics and different things.

"Who's you're favorite superhero?" Michael randomly asked me, and was way off topic to what we were talking about.

"Excuses me?" I asked confused to what this had to do with gymnastics.

"What's your favorite superhero?" he laughed.

"Spiderman. Why?"

"Spiderman huh?" he repeated.

"Yes, Spiderman, now why is this relevant?" I asked, now confused.

"Well I have the movies, maybe later you could come over and we could watch them?" he suggested.

I thought about it for a second, I mean there's no harm in it, and I do love Spiderman.

"I don't see why not."