•Chapter 18•

***Lauren's POV***

Since the kiss with Michael it's been awkward. When we have hung out or seen each other, it always ends up with awkward eye contact and sweet innocent smiles. There was just something about it . . . It made me feel complete, like I was actually loved like what Michael was trying to prove the whole time. No one's ever cared so much for me before, I've always received the opposite, I don't really know how I should take this . . . everything good that always happens in my life always turns to shit one way or another and he hasn't broken up with Geordie so he obviously doesn't love me enough if he hasn't broken up with her yet. However, at the same time Geordie's my best friend and I don't want her to be heartbroken over something that was my fault, but I want to be with Michael so bad.

***

***Michael's POV***

I can't stop thinking about Lauren. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can barely get through rehearsals without thinking about her, and I know the mates have noticed it. They've been getting suspicious too. I'm crazy about her . . . maybe crazier about her more than music. I don't even know anymore. Just the thought of her is driving me crazy and I like it. I want to be with her, we've been hanging out so much since the kiss. There was just something about the kiss . . . it was different than ones I've had with Geordie. It just felt so right, as crèche and dumb as it may sound, there was a spark with Lauren.

Even though she won't admit it I know Lauren's on edge about the whole thing since I haven't broken up with Geordie yet, I want too but Geordie's also my friend and she's best friends with Lauren. I don't want to hurt her, but if she finds out I cheated on her with her best friend . . . I don't even want to think about what will happen. I have to do it sooner or later if I want to be with Lauren.

***

"Michael" Geordie said my name, snapping her fingers in my face to get my attention.

"Sorry what?" I asked from being pulled out of my thoughts. I was thinking about Lauren, who else? She was away for Worlds this week and I was thinking about how she was doing. Meanwhile, Geordie and I were at the arcade. We were in the middle of playing a game; I don't even remember the name of, when she started snapping her fingers in my face.

"Are you paying attention?" she asked as she continued to shoot the fake gun at the screen.

"Yeah"

"Then what did I just ask?" she questioned.

"Um. . ."

"I asked if you could still come to the surprise party I'm having for Lauren since it's her birthday next week."

"Oh yeah of course." I quickly answered.

"Are you okay?" she asked, pausing the game.

"Yeah" I said and she could see right through my lie.

"No you're not." She sighed as she quit the game and started to walk away.

"Wait, Geordie." I called after her following her out of the arcade.

"Was it Lauren?" she asked turning around when I caught up to her.

"What?" I questioned her.

"Were you thinking about her?" she asked. I didn't answer.

"You were." I didn't answer; I could see the hurt starting to fill her eyes. "I should have known." She said and started to walk away again.

"Geordie it's not her fault, please don't get upset." I started walking in front of her to stop her from walking away.

"I'm not upset Michael." She sighed and I immediately became really confused. I was about to say something when Geordie beat me to it.

"I know you like Lauren. I can tell by the way you look at her, talk about her and when someone mentions her name. I know she feels the same way about you too because she acts the same way. I could tell for months." She explained.

"I never meant to hurt you Geordie." I said quietly, looking down at the ground.

"There's no hard feelings Michael." She said and I looked up at her.

"Wait are you breaking up with me?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"We lost our connection, we were growing apart." She said. "You're becoming famous; I was going to have to let you go eventually."

"I'm sorry; I didn't want it to end like this."

"Michael seriously it's fine. There are no hard feelings, besides I knew we were growing apart and that you like Lauren." She said not finishing the sentence thinking whether or not to add something else.

"I've been talking to Ethan." She admitted looking down at the ground.

I know Geordie had a thing with him but it was practically nothing before we started going out, but when I asked her out it quickly went away and she didn't talk to him other than when she had too for school.

"We just started talking and hanging out again. You were always just busy with the band or hanging out with Lauren that you never made time for me." She acknowledged. "At least Lauren still made time for me." She added under her breath.

Was I seriously that bad that I started ignoring Geordie? I feel like a complete asshole.

"Geordie you have every right to be mad at me, in fact I'm surprised you're not mad at me or anything. I was probably being such a dick to you and you put up with me. I was a terrible boyfriend."

"No you weren't Michael." She commented. "You just started developing feelings for someone else, I did the same thing. I'll always have a place for you in my heart and we'll still have all those good times, but it's just not working out anymore."

A small silence grew between us.

"We're still friends though?" I asked after a minute.

"Of course Michael. No hard feelings. I'm not mad at you or Lauren." She lightly laughed and I chuckled along with her and gave her a hug.

"Thank you for understanding." I told her.

"I get it." She said.

"Now listen here. Lauren's still my friend so if you two do start dating, which you probably will because everyone can see how much you like each other, you better treat her right." She warned me.

"I will."

"You better. She's been through too much to be treated like shit again. She deserves someone like you Michael." She smiled. "But if you do anything to hurt her, you'll have to answer to me. She's my best friend I'm not going to let someone else hurt her." She said and I knew she was serious.

"I know."

"Good."

"Thanks Geordie." I told her and she smiled, kissed my check and walked away.

Watching her walk away I could see that she ran into Ethan. She started talking to him and a smile grew on his face and he gave her a hug. She probably told him that we were over so they could go out. Before they continued walking, Geordie looked back at me, she gave me a small wave and I returned the gesture back. With that I knew it was completely over between us. Ethan took her hand and I could see the smile grow cross her face. Ethan could make her happier than I ever could; if anyone else was going to date Geordie, I'm glad it was him.

Clarity ~ m.c.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें