•Chapter 2•

***Michael's POV***

The mates and I were getting ready for band rehearsal in Ashton's garage. Luke and I were tuning our guitars, Calum was tuning his bass, and Ashton was tightening the final screws on his drum set.

"So my mum told me the new neighbors were moving in today." Ashton said interrupting the silence and concentration of focusing on our instruments.

"They're not "new neighbors" Ashton; they're just Mr. and Mrs. Court's nieces and nephew." Luke corrected him.

"Oh same thing, they're new that's the point." Ashton laughed.

"Alright well I'm all set, you guys ready to get started?" I asked.

"Yep" they all agreed.

"Alright then" Ash said and started counting down so we could all start playing at the same time.

"1. 2. 3-"

"Ashton!" Ashton's little brother, Harry, called for him walking through the open garage door.

"What bud?" Ashton asked.

"The new neighbors are here!" he said and we walked over to him and saw the Courts pull up in front of their house.

We set down our guitars and walked outside and joined our families to greet out new neighbors. As we walked closer two kids got out of the back seat. They had to have been the same age as Harry. Harry stopped dead in his tracks looking at the girl.

"What's the matter Harry? It's like you've never seen a girl before." I said patting his back and the four of us chuckled.

That's when I noticed the girl who was much other than the two younger kids get out of the other side of the car. Her beautiful dyed aqua hair was tied back in a messy bun and she wore a Blink 182 band t-shirt, ripped skinny jeans that were tucked into combat boots. She had a lip, nose and industrial piercing.

"What's the matter Michael it's like you've never seen a girl before?" Calum mockingly laughed.

"Oh shut up." And I lightly punched his shoulder.

"Hi Sue. Tom." Luke's mum, Liz, welcomed them.

"Hi everyone." Mrs. Court greeted us back.

"We're all excited to meet your nieces and nephew." My mum said.

"Well let me introduce you." Mrs. Court said gesturing the three kids over.

"These are my sister's kids. This is Emily and Andrew and this is Lauren. They're going to be living with us."

So her name was Lauren. She walked over to her aunt and uncle. I saw she had bruising on her arms, I think she noticed me staring and she folded her arms trying to cover them.

"Well it's very nice to meet you. I'm Liz; this is my husband Andrew, and my sons Ben, Jack and Luke." Mrs. Hemmings introduced them.

"Hi. I'm Anne and this is my oldest son, Ashton, my daughter, Lauren, and youngest, Harry." Mrs. Irwin presented them.

"Hi I'm Joy and this is my daughter, Mali-Koa, and my son Calum." Mrs. Hood introduced them.

"And I'm Karenand this is my son, Michael." My mum introduced us. They said hello back and shook our hands.

"Lauren, his hairs dyed like yours." Emily said.

"I know Emm, but his is orange and mine is blue." She laughed and she shook my hand.

"Good day." I said.

"Hi." She smiled. God her smile could brighten up any room. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Liz talking.