•Chapter 46•

Playlist:

New Perspective- Panic! At the Disco

Gone Gone Gone- Philip Philips

Heartbeat Song- Kelly Clarkson

****

***Lauren's POV***

Walking away from the Olympics was a complete and utter rush. I still can't get over the fact the I won two gold medals and two silver medals! It feels unreal. After the floor final all my teammates and I enjoyed the rest of the Olympics going to different sporting events. As much as I loved it, it was very tiring and I was happy to finally go home and spend time with my family.

"Lauren! Emily! Aunt Sue" I hear Andrew call me, my sister and aunt as we walk through the airport. Just the sight of seeing my brother and Uncle practically overwhelmed me; I haven't seen them in so long that I ended up running towards them and engulfed them in a big hug.

"Congratulations on the medals sweetie!" Uncle Tom said to me as he hugged me back.

"Thanks!" I smiled.

"We told you you could do it." Andrew smiled. "Oh guess what else." He added.

"What?" I asked.

"Since you won, the phone hasn't stopped ringing from news stations and reporters from not only across Australia but America too! Everyone wants an interview with you!" He told me.

"Really?"

"Yep we've basically become your managers." Andrew smiled.

"Well I guess I have to thank you again." I laughed grabbing Andrew into another hug.

"Your crushing me!" Andrew laughed. "I can't breathe!" He gasped in giggles.

"There's one other thing." Uncle Tom said. "Well actually two things."

"What more?" I asked shocked to what else could have possibly happened.

"Well one, I got a call from the police station and they caught your dad." He told me. "Their sending him back to the states and he is being sent back to prison with no probation. You'll never have to see him or worry about him ever again." My uncle assured me.

"Are you serious?" I blurted out when I realized I didn't mean too.

"Yep he's finally out of your life and all of ours." He smiled and I pulled him into a big hug. And then hugged Emily and Andrew in for a group hug just the three of us. That bastard was finally out of our lives for good. Good riddance.

"Alright well do you want to here the other news?" He asked.

"Yes." I said pulling away.

"Well since there seems to be such a demand for interviews with you in America, since you were originally and American citizen, we'll all just have to head over to the states for these interviews." Uncle Tom told us.

"Wait so we're going to be going home!" Emily asked excitedly.

"Well on a vacation, Lauren has been requested in several cities like Boston, New York, LA and Washington D.C. to name a few, so we'll be there for a bit." He told us.

"Did you know about this?" I asked turning to my aunt.

"Know about it? It was my idea!" She exclaimed. "Do you know how many interviews and reporters came to me asking for interviews with you?"

I couldn't help it I gave her a big hug too. I was actually going home and I didn't have to worry about seeing my dad while I was there, my life was finally picking up to its happy self again that I haven't felt in years.