•Chapter 37•

Playlist:

Heart Attack- Enrique Iglesias

Let Her Go- Passenger

Say Something- A Great Big World

You Found Me- The Fray

***Michael's POV***

It's been about a month since the mates and I finished the Australian leg of the tour and we got to spend some time home with our families. Now we're about half way thought the U.S. Leg of the tour. Everywhere we go the crowds get bigger and louder. It's the most amazing time and I couldn't be more thankful to be experiencing it with the best mates I could ever know.

Next week the mates and I have a break from the tour so we're going to fly home and spend time with our families again, we're all going to watch the Olympics together, watching and routing for Lauren while she's in Rio.

*

The mates and I were hanging out writing some new music, when Luke's phone started ringing.

"Hey mum!" Luke answered the phone. As he talked to him mum I didn't think anything about it and the rest of us started messing around with different beats and cords.

"What!" Luke shouted. ""What happened? When? Is she okay?" he frantically started asking questions.

"What is it?" Calum tried asking him but Luke put his hand up indicating to be quiet. Ash, Cal and I all exchanged the same look wondering what could have happened.

"Yeah of course we'll leave as soon as possible." Luke said as he ended the call. "We need to go home right now." he told us.

"Well mind telling us what that was about?" I asked him, but he looked back at me like he really didnt want to and looked at me with sympathy.

"Luke what is it?" I asked him.

"Lauren." he said quietly and I could feel my heart sinck into the pit of my stomach.

"What!" I frantically asked jumping out of my seat. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"I don't know mum doesn't know exactly what happened, but apparently it happened just a short while ago and Lauren is being rushed to the hospital."

"We need to leave. I have to see if she's alright." I said as i started panicing.

"Michael calm down, we all want to get home to see if she's alright." Ashton tried to calm me.

"We have to get plane tickets first." Calum added. "We can't do much about this, we're in another country."

"That's not good enough we have to try harder!" I shouted.

"Mike we can't do anything, mum talked to the producers already, they're working as hard as they can." Luke said. "We're worried too, but until we get there we can't do anything."

I leanded against the wall, sliding down so my knees were pressed to my chest. i could feel myself start to hyperventalate, and all over again it felt like everything was closing in around me. Please be okay. I thought to myself. Please let her be okay.

***

Trying to get back home drove me crazy, we were able to get a flight back home that night, but I could barely sleep. We didn't land till almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon the next day and my mum picked us up from the airport.

"How is she? What happened?" I asked my mum running towards her in the middle of the airport.

"She's critical, I don't know much more than that, she's been in ICU all night, still is and only immediate family is allowed to see her." Mum explained to me and I could feel my heart shatter.