•Chapter 48•

Playlist:

Diary of Jane- Breaking Benjamin

Latch- Disclosure

Time-Bomb- All Time Low

***Michael's POV***

With every passing day of tour I was waiting for Lauren to come, but she never did. Every night on stage I would look for her face in the crowd hoping to see her, but I never did. She said she was going to come to a show but it was killing me not knowing which one. I don't want to give up on her, but if she doesn't come by the end of tour then I'll take the hint that she doesn't want me anymore.

Practically every morning Lauren has done some type of interview; if it wasn't a TV interview it was a radio interview or news article. So not seeing her face everyday isn't an option.

**

"Hey mate you almost ready for rehearsals?" Luke asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts, as he walked into the dressing room accompanied by Cal and Ash.

"Hell yeah." I nodded.

"You ready for tonight?" Calum asked beaming excitement, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "We're in the capitol city of America, Washington D.C.! Tonight is going to be awesome!"

"Plus management said that tomorrow we can go do some sight seeing!" Ashton added.

"That's awesome!" I say excited that we will actually have a day off.

"Do you think Lauren is gonna come tonight?" Luke asked.

"I hope so." I sigh. "What if I messed up so much that she doesn't want to talk to me again?"

"Don't think like that mate." Calum reassured me. "She'll come."

"And if she doesn't we wont stop until you two are back together again." Luke told me.

"You guys would help me?" I asked them.

"Of course mate! We're like brothers and brothers help each other out and if you really want to be with her then we'll help you." Calum told me.

"Plus you haven't been the same since she left and we want to help. We're tired of seeing you sad, moping around and not being your happy-self." Luke explained.

"We need our, excited, fun loving, pizza loving, video gaming buddy back." Ash said patting my back. "Just stay positive. She'll come."

"Thanks guys." I smiled.

"You guys are all set for rehearsals." one of the set producers told us sticking his head in the room.

The mates were right, I have to stay positive.

***

***Lauren's POV***

"Dominique will you slow down!" I call after my friend who can barely contain herself. I literally thought she might die of excitement.

"No! I've been waiting for this concert for over a year now!" Dominique yelled. "I'm so excited." she screamed in my ear.

I arrived in D.C. yesterday and have been staying with Dominique. Tonight was the 5 Seconds of Summer concert that I was going to with her so I could see Michael. I'm not going to lie I'm excited to be here too, but I think most of my anxiety is my nerves about seeing Michael. I haven't seen him since I was in the hospital from my dad's beatings.

"Hey are you okay?" Dominique asked me with concern, looking over at me and seeing that I probably look as pail as a ghost, I'm so nervous.

"I don't know Dome." I confess. "Maybe this is a mistake? I have this nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach and I don't feel good. Like look at me!" I say holding my hand out. "I'm shaking! I wasn't even like this during the Olympics, but now I feel like I'm going to pass out-"

"Lauren stop." Dominique stopped me from my rant, as we stopped dead in the side walk and she held on to my shoulders to steady me. "Everything is going to be okay." she told me in a calming voice. "This is normal, you love him. It's natural to get excited over something like this. Michael is crazy about you and completes you. Other than your family I've never seen you care about someone more than Michael." Dominique told me. "It's all going to work out, I'm going to be there with you the whole time. Just keep calm and stay positive." she gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Dome." I said and gave her a tight hug. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You're life would be very boring that's what." she said causing us both to laugh. "Now come on! We have to go get in and find our seats!" she exclaimed taking my wrists, dragging me behind her towards the entrance gates into the stadium.