chapter 2

"Dad, what is that noise about?" Elena asked as she rushed to her father’s side, Immediately he shut the door. 

"What happened to your face?" She noticed an angry red mark on his face.

Maria rushed to her husband's side to examine the bruises on his face 

 "Who is this?" Elena pointed at Jessie, who had moved a little away from all the angels, and watched them closely.

"I don't know, I caught her sniffing around the house," Samael explained.

"She did this to you?" Raphael questioned as he came to stand close to his friend. "She’s human."

"A strong one at that," Samael said with a slight chuckle.

"Indeed," Raphael agreed. 

He placed his hand on his face, healing Samael instantly.

 Jessie gasped softly. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.  She had never seen anyone heal that fast before. She immediately took a step back. ‘Jessie, you have to act fast, you’re in a room full of Angels. I can’t fight all of these people and win.’

She took a step backward, edging towards the door, when she noticed that the angels were distracted. She opened the door but bumped into someone. The impact made her stumble back, but she was caught by the stranger before she landed on the ground. She looked up, dumbfounded.

 He was handsome and that was the only thing that crossed her mind. She didn’t realize she was leaning more into his touch until the man adjusted her body’s position to make her stand up straight. She cursed softly as she moved further into the house 

“What's going on?” Raguel asked. 

 “Dad found this human sniffing around the house,” Elena explained as she pointed at the human.

 Raguel turned to look at Jessie, who crossed her arms and stood her ground 
“I'm not going to be intimidated by you all even if you are Angels,” she said defiantly.

“Who are you?” Raguel asked. 

 “No one,” Jessie said. 

Raguel raised his eyebrow at her. “Really? You’re going to play dumb?” 

“I said I’m no one,” Jessie remained adamant. She wasn’t scared of being surrounded by Angels. She knew if the Angels decided to attack her, she wouldn’t be able to defend herself. She knew she didn't stand a chance against them but she was never going to show her weaknesses. 

 “Fine, what are you doing here?” Raguel asked. 

“I just wanted information,” Jessie said. 

“Information?” Raguel repeated. “What type of information?” 

 “The location of the demon zone.” 

 She sensed the atmosphere shift in the house. The Angels all looked at her as if she had grown two heads. 

“Why would you want to know that?” This time it was Michael who asked the question, making Jessie turn her head to face him. 

 She looked at Michael, who was waiting for her to answer his question. 

 ‘Focus Jessie,’ she chided herself. “It's none of your business,” she said aloud. 

“You need information from us, so it’s our business to know why you’re looking for the demon zone,” Michael said. 

“You have no right to meddle in my business,” Jessie said, annoyed by the angel’s prying. Though she admitted he was handsome, she would never let him take her on a ride