chapter 11

Jessie and Raguel arrived home safely. Jessie was immediately pulled into a hug by Elena.

“Why did you leave?” Elena mumbled into her shoulder. “We were so worried about you,” Elena pulled back from the hug a little. “Never do that again.” 

Jessie didn’t expect the reaction she was getting from Elena. She didn’t know Elena cared so much about her well-being. It made her happy. “I’m sorry,” Jessie apologized.

“It's okay. Just promise you won't leave like that again.”

“I promise,” Jessie replied with a smile.  

“Good,” Elena pulled her back into the hug.  

Jessie was really happy she found comfort in the arms of the angels. Jessie looked at the faces of the angels standing in the living room. They looked relieved. She couldn't remember the last time somebody genuinely cared about her apart from her sister. A tear fell from her eyes. She held onto Elena tightly.

Elena pulled back from the hug after a minute. Jessie discreetly wiped the tears from her eyes. Elena took hold of Jessie's hand and led her to the couch. 

“I will go get Raphael so that he could heal your injuries,” Elena said. 

“I'm here,” Raphael announced before Elena could take a step out.

Raphael was at Jessie’s side. He placed his hand on her, and within seconds, her bruises were completely healed.

“Thank you,” Jessie whispered. 

“You are welcome,” Raphael replied. “We were so worried when you left, and we are glad you are back home,” he patted her back softly. 

“Do you want anything to eat?” Elena asked. 

Jessie shook her head. “I'm fine. I need to rest, but I will eat later,” she added whilst standing up. 

“Are you sure?” Elena inquired. 

“Yes,” Jessie said with a tiny smile on her face. “I will head to my room.”  

Elena nodded her head. 

Jessie walked out of the living room and left for her room. As soon as she entered the room, she dissolved into tears. 

                         ****

Michael had long dropped the little girl at her parent's house, but he had refused to go back home. He was angry at Jessie for running away. He still couldn't believe he had come close to losing her to the demons.

He ran his hand through his hair.  “I would have lost the one chance I had at finding love had the demons succeeded in taking her.” 

Michael paced around with such thoughts jogging through his mind. ‘I don't understand how I feel about Jessie, but I'm sure she's the one Anna was talking about,’ he thought to himself. 

A sigh escaped his lips. “I have to speak to Jessie.” 

Michael flashed his wings and soared back home. He didn't land at the front door of the house. Instead, he landed in Jessie's room.  Michael knew it was inappropriate to barge into Jessie's room unannounced. But he didn't care. His thoughts were all over the place. Michael knew Raguel would stop him from seeing Jessie, but he needed to see her. 

Michael watched Jessie raise her head to stare at him. They both stayed quiet for a while before Michael spoke, “Why did you run away? Do you know how worried I was when I found out you were the one in trouble? Your behaviour was very reckless, and you even left the house through the window,” he pointed at the window. “What if you had broken your legs? Do you know what would have happened to you had the demon captured you?” Michael yelled. “I thought you were smarter than this, but I guess I was wrong.”