Chapter 34( Epilogue)

Michael sat on a chair with his eyes closed and his fingers linked together. It had been a blissful nine months of peace for his entire family. They weren’t disturbed by any demons, nor had they seen any demons roaming around. Michael's bond with his soulmate had only gotten stronger as time went by.  Michael still couldn't stop the smile that would play on his lips every time he remembered that Jessie was his soulmate. 

He opened his eyes and stood up, glancing outside the window, and he smiled when he saw Ariel and Jessie taking a walk in their backyard. He sighed as he made his way downstairs. The entire family was chatting happily, and he smiled as he sat down next to Raguel, who quickly filled him in on what they were discussing. 

A few minutes later, the front door opened, and a heavily pregnant Ariel and Jessie walked in. It was a great surprise when the family found that Ariel was pregnant too. She took in a month after Jessie did, and Michael could recall the time when Ariel told Grey she was pregnant. He panicked, not because he was not happy that his soulmate was pregnant, but he was worried if he was going to be a good father or not. He was stressed for many days, scared too, and he did not want to be like his father or his uncle. Not only that, but he didn't have a good father figure while growing up, and it made him worried that he was going to mess up. 

Ariel immediately took a seat next to her soulmate, who wrapped his arms around her. Michael did not doubt that Grey was going to be a great father. 

Michael didn't let Jessie settle on the couch as he spread his wings and carefully picked her up, flying out of the living room and landing in their bedroom. He carefully laid her on the bed and removed her footwear, gently massaging her feet. 

“How are you feeling?”

“I feel very heavy.  I'm excited to meet our baby.” 

“Me too.” He leaned in and kissed her. He moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. It didn't take a minute for Jessie to fall asleep. He kissed her forehead and slowly trailed his palms down her stomach as he watched her sleep peacefully. 

During the night, Michael slowly made his way out of the bedroom, ensuring not to make a sound. He made his way to the living room, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw the shadow of a person sitting on the dining table. It took him time to figure out that the shadow belonged to Grey. Michael wondered what he was doing there, for Grey rarely left Ariel, especially since she got pregnant. 

Michael moved closer to Grey, but he did not seem to notice Michael's presence. Michael noticed the frown Grey had on his face, and he seemed to be in deep thought. Michael cleared his throat, which made Grey jerk his head towards him. 

Grey stared at Michael, confused. “When did you get here?”

“Three minutes ago.” 

"Oh, I didn't hear you walk in,” Grey mumbled as he looked away from Michael. He placed his hands on his face, and after a few seconds, he stood up to leave, but Michael stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder. 

“Are you alright?” 

“What can I say?” Grey mumbled as he sat down. “I'm worried, Michael. I don't have any idea about how to be a good father to my unborn child. In a month, my child will be born, and I still can't shake the feeling of me ending up doing something wrong.”

“Have you talked to Ariel about your feelings?”

“I don't want her to be worried. I know she has reassured me that it is going to be okay, but what if she's wrong, Michael? What if I do something to harm our baby?” 

“You have to trust your instinct, Grey. I know you will make a good father. I have no doubt about that, so don't worry yourself. You will do just fine when your baby arrives. Why don't you go back to your room and rest?” Michael said.