Chapter 29

It had been a month since Michael and Jessie got married, and it had been a blissful experience. Michael had his arms wrapped around Jessie as she slept.  

A few minutes later, he felt her stir beside him. He looked down at her, who was already smiling at him.

"Let's go take our baths when you are done staring at me." Michael snickered. 

Jessie chuckled. She leaned down and kissed her husband before he dragged her out of bed and pushed her towards the bathroom. When they were done bathing, they headed to the living room. The entire family ate their breakfast and proceeded to the living room when they were done. 

"Hey, Sunshine, where are you going?" Jessie asked before she bolted through the front door. 

Sunshine paused and took a deep breath before she said, "I'm just going to stand outside for a while.”

"Okay." Jessie watched as her sister ran out of the house.

Jessie rested her head on Michael's shoulder for a second before she felt him tense up. "What is the matter?"  

"Demons," the Angels in the room shouted in unison.

Michael stood up quickly and hid Jessie behind him. They heard their windows shatter into pieces, and the demons tripped. The front door was ripped off its hinges, and a demon walked in with a screaming Sunshine in his arms.

"Sunshine!" Jessie yelled. She attempted to walk to her sister, but Michael held her back.

"What do you demons want from us?" Raguel asked 

"We don't want any trouble; we just want her.” The demon holding Sunshine pointed in Jessie's direction.  

Michael tensed up. "You must be joking."

"Do we look like we are joking?" The demon gestured to the other demons in the room. "Just hand us the human, and we will leave."  

"She is not going anywhere." Michael held Jessie's hand tightly.

"What does it matter to you, Angels, that we want her?"

"She's not just any human. She is my wife," Michael said proudly.

"Wife?” the demon said in surprise. He looked at the other demons, who were equally shocked. "How is that possible? You are not destined to have a soulmate because you spilled the blood of Angels in Heaven, and you are the cause of the death of your parents." 

Jessie squeezed Michael's hand firmly. She knew it was a tough subject for him.

"How did you know about this?" Raguel asked. 

"Do you think every Angel in Heaven is loyal? You, of all people, should know better. We don't have time to waste. Hand the human over. Our Master is waiting for her arrival."

"Why does the demon leader want her?” Raguel asked.

"It's none of your business," the demon spat. "Now, hand the human over.”

"She's not going anywhere." Michael eyed the demon.

"As if you can stop us from taking her." The demon smirked.

The Angels in the room took their stance to fight. "We will not let you take her," Raguel snarled.

"Then we are going to kill this little one right here." The demon gestured at Sunshine, who was still crying.

"No!" Jessie shook her head. “Please let my sister go. I will come with you." Jessie knew the Angels could protect her. But her sister's life was important to her. She knew any mistake they made could cause the death of her only blood relation. 

"Good choice, human." 

"I can't let you leave," Michael whispered, holding Jessie's hand tightly.

Jessie faced Michael. "I will wait for you and the rest of our family to get me. I will hold on for as long as I can."

Michael shook his head, but Jessie wrapped her arms around him. "I know you can get me out of this situation. I will be waiting for you," she whispered in his ears.

Michael nodded his head at Jessie's words.

She slowly pulled out of the hug and faced the demon. "Let's go."

Sunshine was immediately shoved aside, and Elena caught her before she could hit the ground.

Jessie looked at Michael one last time. " I love you," she whispered before the demon took hold of her hands and vanished.

Michael's body trembled. He held the chair closer to him, struggling to keep his tears from falling. It was like striving to swallow down a still-beating heart. He flashed his wings and disappeared from the living room. 

Raguel was about to follow him, but Elena held him back. "Let him be for now." 

Michael landed in his bedroom. Tears pooled in his eyes before they could streak down his cheeks. His vision blurred as he curled into a ball on the floor. "Please be okay, Jessie," he whispered with unsteady breaths.

                            ****

When they arrived at the Demon zone, Jessie was dragged into a dark room and was shoved hard on the floor.

"What does your leader want with me?" she asked.

"You will know soon. Tie her up," one of the demons ordered.

After Jessie was tied up, the demons left the room. Immediately, she heard the door shut, and she let out the tears that had pooled in her eyes, letting them streak down his face. 

She silently prayed that Michael was coping well. When she heard the door creak, she stopped the tears from flowing down her eyes and put on a straight face before anyone could walk in. 

The demon leader entered the room with two other demons. They all had smug looks on their faces. 

"Hello, we meet again," the demon leader said. He moved closer to Jessie and trailed his finger down her face, "Beautiful," he murmured.

"Take those cursed, infected fingers off my face," Jessie snapped. 

"I like you, and I will make you mine," the demon leader snarled.  

"Never! I will die before I let you touch me."  

"No, darling, you will not die. However, that stupid Angel I heard call you his wife is the one going to lose his life." He sneered.

Jessie shivered slightly when she saw the pure rage in the demon's eyes, and she knew he meant every word.  'What would I do if something were to happen to Michael?' 

Jessie was brought out of her thoughts when she saw the demon leaning down to kiss her. She turned at the last minute, and the kiss landed on her cheek. 

The demon leader chuckled. “I will definitely make you mine." He turned and left the room.

Tears fell from Jessie's eyes. She could only pray nothing would happen to Michael.