Chapter 28

Michael had his arms wrapped around Jessie as both lay on their bed. He still couldn't believe he was married. His eyes went to the wedding ring on his finger. He knew if he had a soulmate, he wouldn't have met Jessie, and the thought of not being with Jessie didn't settle well with him. Even though he knew having a soulmate was every Angel's desire, he was not sure whether he could trade Jessie for a soulmate. No, he was certain he wouldn't do it. 

He believed that everything that happened in Heaven was for a reason. He didn't wish for the demise of his parents, but if they were still alive, perhaps he wouldn't have met Jessie, nor would he have had his arms around her. 

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt her mild tap on his hand. He looked at her with a smile.

"I have been trying to get your attention for a while now. You seem lost in thoughts.  What are you thinking about?" 

"It's nothing important." Michael kissed her forehead.

Jessie did not press the issue further because she believed him when he said it was nothing.  She was about to say something but paused when she saw the way Michael was staring at her. She ran her tongue around her lips and watched as Michael's eyes followed the action. Before she knew what was happening, he pinned her down on the bed and locked their lips. She wasted no time in putting her arms around his neck as they continued to kiss.

He removed his lips from Jessie's and trailed kisses down her neck. "I don't have any idea what to do or what you may like," Michael whispered in her ears, which made her shiver. "I have never done this before, so if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know." Michael raised his head and stared at Jessie.

She didn't reply to him. Rather, she pressed her lips to his. She loved the fact that her Angel was still innocent. She doubted there was anything Michael would do to her that she wouldn't like. 

They blindly put off their clothes, but Michael was a little nervous. He prayed in his head for everything to go well. When there was no fabric on their bodies anymore, she stopped kissing him and looked at him.

"I love you." 

"I love you too," he said.

He followed Jessie's lead as they eventually gave in to the need and desire their body craved for.  

                      ****

Jessie discerned she couldn't feel the arms of her Angel around her. She slowly opened her eyes, and she caught the sight of a very naked Michael standing by the window.

'What a beautiful sight to behold in the morning!’

"When you are done ogling me, let me know." Michael turned to face Jessie with a smirk on his face.

 She laughed hard and shook her head slightly. "Good morning."

He walked closer to her and kissed her forehead. "Come on; we need to take our bath." He pulled Jessie from the bed and made their way to the bathroom. He turned on the shower, and both clung to each other as they enjoyed the warmth of the water that touched their skin.

A few minutes later, they headed downstairs. When they reached the living room, their entire family was seated, interacting with each other. 

Elena approached them before they could join the rest of the family, smiling at their joined hands. "Hey, Michael, can I take Jessie for a while?" 

"Sure." Michael leaned and kissed Jessie before he let go of her hands and walked into the living room while Elena and Jessie dashed off to the kitchen.

Jessie started assisting around in the kitchen. However, Elena stared at her. 

She noticed Elena's eyes on her and stopped whatever she was doing before looking at her. "Do you want to say something to me?" 

"Yes. I just want to thank you for everything. I have never seen Michael this happy before. He wears a lovely smile on his face now, and it's all because of you."

"I have all of you to thank for giving me a second chance even after what I did to him." 

Elena smiled and hugged her tightly.

However, the hug was short-lived when Sunshine walked in and said, "So, when will I have a nephew or a niece?" 

Elena and Jessie pulled back from their hug and glanced at Sunshine, who had her arms crossed across her chest.

"You want to have a nephew or niece"? Jessie said whilst elevating her eyebrow.

"Yes. I want to be called an aunt."

Elena and Jessie burst into laughter. "Well, my dear sister, you are not going to be called an aunt this soon." Jessie pinched her sister's cheeks.

"But why?" Sunshine pouted. “Elena said you and Michael were making babies last night, and that was why you guys were so loud." Sunshine pointed at Elena, who was trying hard to hold her laughter.  

Jessie looked at Elena, who finally gave in and laughed hard.

"You two were certainly not quiet last night. I had to come up with something to tell Sunshine because she was already making her way to your room,” Elena said.

"I can't believe everyone heard us last night." Jessie covered her face with her hands.  

                ****

Michael stared at the TV for a while before he felt Raguel's presence by his sides.

"What's up?" Raguel asked. 

Michael just shrugged without saying anything.

"You look happy.”

"Yes, I'm happy.” Michael turned his full attention to his friend.

"It's written all over your face." Raguel gestured at Michael's face. “I'm happy for you, Michael. You deserve all the happiness you are getting." 

"Breakfast is served," Elena announced.

The entire family moved to the dining table and sat down. Michael smiled at Jessie as she sat next to him. He was delighted that everything in his life had fallen into place. He now had a beautiful wife and a lovely family. Michael didn't think there was anything more he could ask for himself.