Chapter 32

Raguel looked at Raphael with shock written on his face. "Did she say… baby? Does that mean she's…?”

He stopped midway. He did not have time to contemplate what Jessie meant since a loud noise intercepted their thoughts. They turned their attention to the source of the noise, where they saw a big crowd of demons coming near them. Without a leader, the demons were now free to do whatever they desired. 

Raguel knew the demons did not stand a chance against them, but Jessie and Michael needed urgent attention, and the more they wasted their time in the Demon zone, the riskier it would be for them. Raguel picked up Michael, and Raphael picked up Jessie. All the Angels flashed their wings, and they soared out of the demon zone, leaving no hint behind for the demons to follow. 

Once they arrived home, Michael and Jessie were laid on the bed.

Raphael attended to Michael shortly. His wound was something Raphael could heal. He concentrated his energies on the wound, and within seconds, the bruise closed up as if nothing had ever happened to his hand. Finally, Raphael turned to Jessie and examined her. He gasped when his hand brushed against her stomach, and then he stared at Raguel. "She's pregnant." 

Raguel glimpsed at Elena. "Did you know?"

Elena nodded her head. "She was going to tell Michael the day she was captured."

Raguel looked at Michael with a smile. "He will be so glad to hear this news. Come on, let's leave them to rest." He ushered every person out of the room.

An hour later, Michael stirred in his unconscious form. His thinking was fogged for a few seconds before he jolted out of bed as his thoughts drifted to Jessie. His eyes straight away locked on a napping Jessie in bed. He was finally able to breathe, and a smile tugged at his lips as he moved closer to the mattress and sat down. He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead. 

He discerned he could no longer feel the pain in his hands and glanced to find that it was already healed. A sigh of contentment escaped his lips.

He wrapped his arms around Jessie, feeling grateful that he could hold his wife once more in his hands. Additionally, she was safe. 

A few minutes later, Jessie stirred in her sleep too and slowly opened her eyes. A warm smile unfolded on her lips at the sight of her husband. She pulled him into a hug. Words couldn't categorically explain how happy she felt holding him.

She pulled back from the hug and smashed her lips on his, hungrily opening her mouth to allow him to plunge his tongue into her mouth. A moan escaped her lips as he gently lowered her on the bed. 

He trailed kisses on her neck and down her body, but Jessie's body ached for more. She tugged Michael's clothes off his body, and at the same time, he removed hers. A jolt of pleasure ran through her entire body when Michael's naked form touched hers, and they gave in to the craving their body longed for. 

***

Michael wrapped his arms around Jessie as they lay in bed, exhausted. She ran her fingers down his arm, and her hand went to her stomach as she drew a circle around it and glimpsed at him, who had his eyes closed. She wondered if she should tell Michael that she was pregnant.

'Will he be pleased to know that we are having a baby?' she thought.

A shift in Michael's body pulled her out of her thoughts. She sat up and stared at him, who was already looking at her. She watched him open his mouth and close it immediately.

"You are pregnant." He breathed out.

Her eyes widened in surprise. "I never knew you could read minds. Is it a new gift?”

"I don't read minds, Jes. I heard you when you said it." 

"I never knew I said it out loud.”

"You are pregnant?" 

She nodded her head. “I was going to tell you the day I was captured."

He, at once, pulled her into a hug. "I'm so happy to hear this." He pulled out of the hug and glanced at her stomach. "There is a baby in here?" he said excitedly.

She nodded her head and watched him rub her stomach.

"I love you." He planted a kiss on their belly and held her close. 'I can't believe I'm going to be a father.'

"Better believe it, babe." Jessie chuckled.

"You heard me?" Michael asked in surprise.

"Of course, I did."

He frowned and sat up. "I didn't say that out loud." 

"But I heard you.”

"Something is not right," he said. 'Can you hear me?'

She gasped and nodded quickly. She knew Michael hadn't opened his mouth, and yet, she heard him. 

"This is not possible," Michael muttered as he stood up and paced around. “We are not soulmates. Only destined soulmates have a Mind Link.”

"But why is it happening?"

"I don't know. Come on, let's go downstairs." Michael held out his hand.

Jessie placed her hand in his, and they made their way downstairs. 

As soon as they came into the line of sight of their family, all of them stood up with smiles on their faces, and they took turns to embrace the expecting couple. Sunshine quickly ran to her sister and hugged her tightly. Jessie kissed her cheek before she walked closer to the couch and sat down, gently placing Sunshine on her lap. 

"I presume Jessie has told you the good news." Raguel smiled, and Michael nodded his head. "Congratulations," Raguel said.

"Thank you. However, we have a situation."

"What situation?”

"We can hear each other's thoughts." 

Raguel frowned. "You share a Mind Link?"

Michael nodded his head.

"That's not possible," Raguel muttered.

"I'm aware. That's why I'm confused."

Raguel turned to look at Raphael and Samael, who seemed to be in deep thought too. "Has such a thing happened before?" 

"No. This is the first time such a thing has happened. Only bonded soulmates share a Mind Link," Raphael emphasized.

"We need to find out what's happening. I think Raphael and I have to take a trip to Heaven," Samael said.

"Okay. So, when are you guys leaving?"

Before Samael could respond, a bright light gleamed in the living room, and the two superior Angels landed in front of them. All the Angels in the room stood up to acknowledge their presence. 

"There will be no need to take a trip to Heaven. We are right here to give you answers to your queries."

They turned and looked at Michael intensely. He avoided their gaze and swallowed a massive lump down his throat, shutting his eyes and praying that everything would go on well.

 He avoided their gaze and swallowed a massive lump down his throat, shutting his eyes and praying that everything would go on well