Chapter 24

Michael's entire body stiffened for a moment when he heard Jessie's confession. He didn't expect Jessie to confess her love for him so soon, not that he was complaining.  He felt truly happy after hearing her confess her love.  

Michael felt Jessie pulling out of the hug, which he wanted to protest to, but he just let it happen. When he met Jessie's eyes, they were moist from crying. 

"I love you." Jessie stared straight into Michael's eyes.

Michael could see every atom of truth in Jessie's eyes. The moment felt like a dream to him—a dream he would not mind, not waking up from. Michael crashed his lips on hers. He pulled her close as he continued to kiss her. They only pulled back from the kiss when they were breathless. "I love you too," Michael whispered. 

Jessie's smile widened, and she pressed her lips on Michael's, but they didn't have the time to enjoy their kiss before they felt a hand trying to pull them apart. Jessie pulled back and saw her sister glaring at them with folded arms.

"What is it?"

"You said you would be back soon, but I waited so long for you." 

"I was about to come downstairs."

"Really?" Sunshine shifted her eyes from Jessie to Michael. “Was it going to happen after you guys would have finished smooching each other?" Sunshine grinned at them.

Jessie blushed and looked away from her sister. "I cannot believe you just said that." 

"Yeah, whatever! Let's go downstairs; you have to eat.” Sunshine took Jessie's hand and pulled her towards the direction of the stairs.

Sunshine turned to look at Michael, who was staring at them. She winked at him before she pulled her sister down the stairs. 

Michael laughed at Sunshine's gesture, and he didn't waste any more time smiling to himself; he quickly made his way downstairs. When he reached there, he saw Jessie and Sunshine arguing about something. He felt it would be better not to know what they were bantering about; he was just happy to see Jessie smiling again. 

"Are you going to stand there and watch Jessie, or are you going to join us?" Elena asked.  

Michael smiled as he settled on a chair. Since he was done eating, he just watched Jessie eat her food, and it brought a genuine smile to his face.

When they were done eating, he watched Jessie take the dishes to the kitchen. He was about to follow her, but his way was blocked. Michael looked down and saw Sunshine grinning at him. 

"Where are you going?" 

"To the kitchen," Michael said. 

"So, you want to go and continue from where you guys stopped when you were upstairs?" 

"No." 

"Good. A kitchen is a place where meals are cooked. It's not a place where any other thing is supposed to happen," Sunshine lectured.

"Whatever," Michael muttered and shook his head with a smile. "Can you please let me pass now?"

"Nope." Sunshine took Michael's hand. “Come on. Jessie has work to do. You can smooch my sister later." She pulled Michael to the living room. 

Immediately, Michael sat down, and Raguel immediately sat next to him. He had a grin on his face.  

"What?"

“So, is everything fine between you and Jessie now?" 

"Yes." Michael had a big smile on his face.