chapter 14

Hey guys!! Sorry for the late update. I have been busy lately and updates will be slow for now. Don't worry I'm not going to abandon the story. Enjoy this chapter.

Michael stood frozen. He couldn't fathom what had happened. “She is gone,” he whispered. “They took her,” he turned his attention to the other Angels, who were standing with an equally shocked expression on their faces.  “We have to go after her,” Michael spread his wings.

 “No!” Raguel said, quickly putting a hand on Michael's shoulder to stop him from leaving. 

“Why?” Michael asked confusedly, looking at the other Angels, who stood silent.

“Sit down, Michael. You are not thinking straight,” Raguel said.

“I'm the only one thinking straight here, Raguel. The right thing to do now is to go after her,” he yelled. “It's fine if you guys don't want to come with me.” He looked at the other Angels before he spoke up, “I will go on my own,” Michael angrily muttered while standing up. 

“Sit down!” Raguel ordered. 

Michael huffed, genuinely aggravated as he sat down. 

“I know you want to go after Jessie, so do all of us,” Raguel said, pointing at the other Angels. “She's like family to us now, and we will not want anything to happen to her. But we can't barge into the demon zone. I know we have a plan already, but we have to think it through, and we also need the help of other Angels in Heaven,” Raguel explained. 

Michael simply sat there listening to Raguel, but his heart was screaming at him to go after Jessie and damned the consequences. However, in his head, he knew Raguel was right.

Michael knew invading the demon zone without a solid plan would not be wise. So, nodding his head at what Raguel said, he stood up from the mattress, looking at Raguel before he spoke up, “Let's get started.” 

                          *** 

 Jessie was shoved inside a room immediately after they landed in the demon zone. 

“You can't keep me here!” Jessie yelled at the demon.

“Yes, I can,” the demon said sternly. “You are nothing but a stupid human,” the demon snarled.

“A stupid human that will kill you when she has the opportunity,” Jessie angrily muttered. 

The demon grinned evilly. “I will love to see you try,” the demon stated.  

Jessie wished she could wipe out the grin from the demon's face. She watched the demon turn his back and leave the room. 

Jessie slowly sat down on the ground with her back pressed to the wall and her knees brought up to her chest. She could hear the scream of humans who were being tortured. Jessie remembered the pained expression on the faces of the people she had seen undergo pain before she was thrown into the room. 

Jessie was a little happy when she didn't see her sister amongst the humans who were getting tortured. She hoped that her sister was genuinely alright.  

“I need to find a way to escape this room and search for my sister.” She stood up and looked around the room to see if she would see any item that would be useful in breaking down the door. Jessie was about to take a step when the door burst open, and a demon walked in. 

She quickly stepped back, leaving enough space between herself and the demon. 

“What were you doing?” the demon asked suspiciously.