chapter 5

“What just happened?” Michael whispered as he glanced again at Jessie's door. “I’ve never felt anything like that before.” He could hear his heart beating fast. He rested his hand on the wall in an attempt to stabilize himself. 

When he heard a door open, he looked up and saw Raguel observing him with folded arms. He straightened up while Raguel a tiny smile before hurrying downstairs. He wasn’t in the mood for Raguel's questions.

“I need space to think.” Michael walked to the front door and flashed his wings. He took a deep breath before he soared.

                           ***

Jessie was standing by the window. Her skin still tingled at the place Michael had touched her. 

“This is so messed up. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I need to find my sister and get out of this place. I don't want to be feeling this way towards an Angel who possibly has a soulmate,” Jessie advised herself.  

She sighed and crossed her arms tight. She looked very determined.

“I need to get a grip on myself. I need to focus on the reason behind me being here.” 

She moved to her mattress and laid down. She twisted and turned until she got a comfy position. Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later, a knock on her door pulled her out from her sleep. She grumbled a little before she stood up from the mattress to answer the door.

“Hi,” Elena said.

“Hey,” Jessie yawned. 

“Sorry to disturb you. It's dinner time,” Elena said. 

“Already?” Jessie asked as she looked around and saw the time.

“Yes,” Elena said with a smile 

“I slept for a long time. I will be down in a minute,” Jessie said.

“Okay. We will be waiting,” Elena said. 

Jessie watched Elena leave before she shut the door. The thought of seeing Michael again made her heart race. “I’ll just act normal, and as soon as dinner is over, I will come back to my room,” she reassured herself. 

She went to the restroom and washed her face before she walked downstairs. 

When she got downstairs, her eyes searched for Michael. However, he was nowhere to be seen. A small part of her felt relieved, and a larger part of her was disappointed. She sat down and dished her meals on her plate, and began eating 

 ‘Where could he be?’ 

She rapidly shook the thought out of her mind.

‘It's none of my business, and I don't care.’ 

She ate quietly while looking at the family, interacting amongst themselves as they ate. She glanced at Grey. She still couldn’t believe he was a demon. He didn’t look like the heartless demons that took her sister. Seeing him interact lovingly with his family made him so different from the cold-hearted demon that took her sister. She averted her eyes from him as she continued eating. She turned to look at Raguel and found him staring at her.

“Do you want more food, Jessie?” He asked.

Jessie looked at Raguel before she shook her head.

‘So Michael talked to Raguel about me. Great!’ 

She hated the fact that Michael talked about her. She stood up from the dining table and left for her room. She went to the bathroom, took a quick bath, and headed to bed.