chapter 15

“This has to be the place,” Michael stated as he landed on the ground, and his wings immediately went in. “I feel demons everywhere,” he muttered as he carefully surveyed the area. He took a rapid breath before he headed inside.

Michael looked around carefully to avoid any demon sensing him first. When he was sure the coast was clear, he took another step but quickly paused when he felt a demon close by.

He wasted no time as he hid and waited until the demon was in sight. When the demon came in sight, Michael watched the way the demon stopped on foot and looked around his environment. Michael was sure the demon felt something. He watched the demon shrug and continue walking.

Michael jumped out of his hiding place and tiptoed slowly, trailing the demon. He was cautious not to make any sound.

This demon has to be a low-ranked one. He should have noticed me by now. 

When the demon was about to make a turn, that was when he noticed the Angel trailing him. The demon quickly backed away, leaving a considerable distance between himself and the Angel. 

“What are you doing here?” the demon asked, attempting to sound confident. 

Michael scoffed and folded his arms. He could see past the demon's facade. “Where is the human that was brought here?” 

“I don't know what you are speaking about,” the demon said.

“Yes, you do, and you are going to tell me,” Michael demanded. 

From the nook of his eyes, he noticed the demon moving backward. He wondered what the demon had in mind until he saw a big red button which the demon was trying to reach.  He quickly grabbed hold of the demon and held him down.

“You think you are smart, huh?” Michael questioned. 

“They will come for you,” the demon spat. 

Michael wasted no time as he snapped the demon's neck and left his lifeless physique lying on the ground. 

“Stupid demon,” Michael muttered as he continued his trip further into the demon zone. He walked for a few minutes before he spotted another demon. He quickly hid and watched as the clueless demon walked past him. 

Michael softly sighed and continued walking. It didn't take him time to spot the demons discussing, and they all had their backs turned to him.  

‘I wonder what they are discussing,’ he thought to himself.

He saw a deep frown on their faces, but he knew he couldn't dwell on it. He acted fast. Not only that, but he attacked the first two demons on his right-hand side, making the other two demons conscious of his presence. The demon rapidly moved backward as they eyed the Angel. 

“How did you get in here? How did you even get past the entrance?” one of the demons asked.

Michael smirked at them and crossed his arms. “Where is she?” Michael asked. 

“Who do you speak of?” one of the demons asked.

“Oh, I think I know who you are searching for. It's that bossy human girl that was brought in here,” the other demon replied.  

Michael nearly smiled at the demon's description of Jessie. He could imagine Jessie giving them hell already. 

“Where is she?” Michael asked again.

“As if I will tell you,” the demon said as he glared at Michael.

“I'm not giving you a choice,” Michael muttered as he quickly reached for one of the demons and held down. “Tell me now before I kill your friend!” Michael threatened the other demon.