Chapter 33

Happy New year!!

Michael's heart thumped loudly in his chest at the intense look the superior Angels were giving him. As if Jessie could feel his emotions, she held his hands and squeezed them tightly, and relief instantly washed over him.  Michael was grateful for the comfort Jessie gave him. He smiled at her, and Jessie leaned towards him to peck his lips. She did not care if the other angels were watching them. What mattered to her was her husband's comfort. 

"Please sit down." Raphael gestured at the couch.

Immediately, the superior Angels sat down, and the other Angels followed suit. 

The entire family was silent as they waited for the superior Angels to speak, but for some reason, the superior Angels remained quiet, which made Michael bite his lips until he could taste his blood.

The entire family looked at each other and wondered why the Angels were so silent. Raphael cleared his throat in an attempt to speak, but his motion seemed to pull the superior Angels out of their reverie.

"What is the question that is bothering you all and you desire answers to?"

Raguel frowned. He thought the superior angels knew the questions they needed answers to. He glanced at Michael, who nodded his head, giving him the go-ahead to ask the questions on his behalf. 

Raguel blew out a breath before he said, "Michael and Jessie can hear each other's thoughts which is not possible because they are not bonded soulmates. So, we are all confused. Why is this happening?”

The superior Angels glanced at Michael, which caused his breath to get hitched in his throat. He silently prayed that whatever the Angels were going to say would be good. He wasn't sure if he could handle any bad news.

But a massive smile tugged on the lips of the superior Angels, and a tender chortle escaped their mouths. Everyone glimpsed at them, puzzled because the superior Angels were now laughing at a very crucial question.

"Isn't it obvious?" one of the superior angels said.

Everyone glanced at each other to see if any of them could comprehend what the Angels were insinuating. However, the entire family was more and more confused. 

"They are Soulmates. Destined Soulmates," the other superior Angel emphasized.

Michael's mouth hung open, and he shut his mouth after a few seconds, only to open it again to ask them a question. However, nothing came out of his mouth. He didn’t even know how to phrase a sentence.

"How is it possible?" Jessie said. She was the first one to recover from what the Angels had said. She didn't know if she believed them. 'Will a superior Angel lie?' she questioned herself. 

"There is no soulmate connection between them," Raguel pointed out. 

"Who said there is no soulmate connection between them?" the superior angels said in unison. 

Raguel frowned at the Angels. He simply wanted a direct answer from them, but the superior angels seemed to enjoy puttering with them.  

"Have you felt a Soulmate connection with Jessie before?" Raguel asked Michael, who slowly shook his head. 

The superior angels smiled. "You have felt it, Michael, but you did not realize it because, in your mind, you have completely blocked out the thought of ever having a soulmate." 

Michael closed his eyes and thought hard. And he snapped his eyes open when it subsequently clicked. “I felt a connection with Jessie when I was in the demon’s zone. I felt like she was leading me to her."