• Dive in •

This was suggested by The_Wandering_Seal

I hope this one shot is to your liking and now lets get into it-

***

They have been waiting their whole lives for the short 3 minutes that they were about to experience.

Sure they know the feeling of a team, even when swimming was considered an individual sport, and of course they've swam many important races in their lives but this was on a whole other level.

One by one, the teams walked up to their lane, each followed by a thunderous roar from the crowd. As the boys from Karasuno High approached the lane, the cheer almost felt like it faded. Perhaps it was because their school wasn't as well known as all others that had shown up today. 

At one time, Karasuno's medley relay team had been to Nationals but the former glory had long passed. However, the new team was determined to show the world that the crows could soar the skies once again.

"Don't throw up again you dumbass!", Kageyama shouted at Hinata, whose face had turn a shade of purple and green.

"I-I-I'm not!", Hinata stuttered looking at the huge audience they had. All the lights had been turned off except for one sole light that was aimed at the teams in order to introduce them.

"Shut up you idiots, they're announcing the teams and you're the only ones talking.", Tsukishima whispered.

The spotlight had moved to lane three, where Seijou's team stood.

"And from Aobajosai High, we have Oikawa Tooru, Matsukawa Issei , Kyotani Kentaro, Iwaizumi Hajime!", the host yelled. At the moment Oikawa's name was announced, the sound of girls squeals filled the pool, earning a grin from the "king" of backstroke, as so he was called.

"You should focus more on your swimming, Shittykawa." Iwaizumi's voice was clearly heard throughout the whole pool and over the screams from their fans as he punched his boyfriend in the back of his head.

"Your such a mom, Iwa-chan.", Oikawa replied back.

Their moment was interrupted by the spotlight moving to the most feared team.

"Shiratorizawa! They're here as the fastest like always, with Satori Tendo, Eita Semi, Reon Ohira, and of course, the one and only, Wakatoshi Ushijima! Will anyone able to beat them this year?", the announcer was barely heard over the sound of their school's cheer, chanting the the name of their school over and over.

 It was as if a shadow suddenly fell over the pool as all the teams glared towards the center, hoping that they would be the team to take home gold.

Karasuno's team paid little attention to the rest of the announcement, yet they knew each one of their opponents by heart. Fukurodani was in lane 5 with Saruki, Akaashi, Washio and Bokuto and next to them was Nekoma with Lev, Kenma, Yamamoto and Kuroo.

All the way at the end, in lane 8 was Karasuno. They were the last to qualify and the slowest out of every one of the teams. And to add on to the panic, three out of four swimmers on their team were first years while every other team was composed completely or almost completely of third years.

When the light finally made its way their lane, it felt as if time had stopped for all of them. Even though they were the slowest, even though they were the underdogs, even if their cheers weren't as loud, they were here.

They were at the Nationals.

Hinata gave Tsukishima a thumbs up, which of course was ignored by the blonde.