• Birthday Surprise •

This idea was suggested by...idk. I searched the whole book but I couldn't find it so I'm really sorry to this unknown person T^T

If you have any ideas in mind, please private message so I can keep track of who is suggesting the idea. Except those who commented on my announcements.

Now into the oneshot- In this, not only does Hinata have a talent for baking but also for stitching. Yachi has a talent for arts and crafts too!! I thought about why not give the shy lil bean some recognition?

***

Yachi had always been an artistic person with a lot of talent. She's been drawing and painting almost all of her life. Most recently she's been trying her hands at crafting and as soon as Hinata found out, he insisted on joining her.

The first time he came over, he brought with him some homemade bread and a cake. Yachi had never tasted anything so good in her life before. She also found out Hinata's natural talent for arts and crafts. After that it was a no brainer for them to hangout at Yachi's house a few times in a month in order to craft and bake and moreover to have fun.

Then Kageyama started to wonder what Hinata was doing on those days and he was subsequently invited (forced) to join them in their creative adventures. After Kageyama joined it was only a matter of time before the other two first years joined them with Yamaguchi dragging Tsukishima along.

After they had joining Yachi and Hinata, they found out Hinata and Yachi's talent for arts and crafts along with that, they also tasted Hinata's beautiful and delicious creations. They had to admit, they had never tasted anything that delicious before. This led to them praising Hinata over and over again except for Tsukishima since he didn't like to admit out loud.

This was also how they all (minus Hinata) ended up in Yachi's room. The floor which was tidy just a few minutes was now covered in craft supplies.

The reason for this mess? Well the first years had all recently found that Sugawara's birthday was coming up and Yachi and Hinata immediately decided that they needed to surprise him with a cake and gifts. 

So they decided that all of them would each make a crow plushie and then together they would make the cake, well Hinata would bake it and the rest would all help decorate it.

Yachi and Hinata were the first ones finished with their crows since they were used to stitching and as soon as Hinata aws done with his plushie, he rushed over to the kitchen to get started on the surprise cake. Whilst Hinata did that, Yachi helped the other first years with making the plushies.

"How did you do that stitch again? The one were you have a continuous line of stitches.", Yamaguchi asked and held up his needle towards her.

"Like this.", She answered and showed him on a piece of scrap fabric.

"Ahh, thank you!"

The ones that needed most help with their crows were Yamaguchi and Kageyama. Tsukishima was weirdly good at crafting but refused to answer when she asked how. Yamaguchi later told her the reason.

"Tsuki used to make dinosaur plushies when we were kids!! He really loved dinosaurs and not only that but he was really good at making it!"

***

Soon they all were done with their plushies so they head towards the kitchen to see how far Hinata was done with the cake. The cake was put aside so it cool down before they started decorating. The aroma emitting from cake was mouth watering and enough to make them hungry, especially Kageyama.

"Is there a way I can eat some of the cake without Sugawara-san noticing that some of it is gone?", Kageyama said, the moment he saw the cake. He looked like a predator as he laid his eyes on the cake.

"Of course not Bakayama!! This is for Sugamama not for you!", Hinata yelled at him, moving the cake away from Kageyama.

As he moved it to a side, Kageyama's stomach grumbled in hunger to which the boy groaned.

Tsukishima laughed at Kageyama and Yamaguchi tried not to laugh.

"Shut up you bean stalk!", Kageyama glared at Tsukishima who was laughing at him.

"And what if I don't? What are you going to do about it?", Tsukishima asked sarcastically, almost driving Kageyama to the end of his patience.

"Let's all calm down Minna!!", Yachi butted in.

"Yeah and if you all want to, you can eat pieces of this smaller cake. I had a little too much batter so I made an extra cake." Hinata pointed to a cake which was neatly frosted with pieces of chocolate and sliced fruits as the toppings.

The other first years didn't hesitate not one bit before quickly biting into the cake as if they were hungry for days.

By the time they had finished eating, the cake had finally cooled down, just enough for them to be able to decorate it and of course they decorated it as a crow.

"So who is bringing all this to practice tomorrow??", Hinata asked looking at the masterpiece they all had created.

"It would probably be easiest for Yachi, since it's all already here.", Tsukishima said in answer and all of the boys turned to look at her.

"I...I mean, I guess...yes it probably is...", she stammered in response as she was not used to all this attention. "But I'll need help carrying some of it".

"Kageyama can do that.", Hinata offered his share of idea.

"What? Hinata why can't it be you?", was the response from Kagayama.

"Well why not you? We're all going to have to arrive early tomorrow anyways to be able to surprise him.", Hinata retorted to Kageyama's response. "This also means you two, Tsuki and Yamaguchi." Tsukishima only sighed at that whilst Yamaguchi nodded enthusiastically.

"Fine.", Kageyama finally agreed to do it.

After this conversation ended, the others left Yachi's house to their own, of course they all helped clean up the mess they had made before they ushered to the destinations.

***

The next day was the day they all had awaited for, Sugawara's birthday. The day had finally arrived and they all came to practice extra early in order to make sure they would be the first one there.

Yamaguchi had managed to get Tanaka to let him borrow the key to the clubroom so they could all set up the cake and gifts properly.

As soon as Sugawara arrived, they all sang happy birthday and crowded him in a group hug. 

"We have gift for you!", Hinata exclaimed. "Even Tsukishima helped! Oh and we also made a cake!"

"I can see that.", Sugawara chuckled at Hinata who was practically vibrating with excitement.

"Well go on then! Open it!", Hinata pushed an placed the gift bag in Sugawara's hands.

"I will! Calm down!"

 As soon as he opened the gift bag he saw the five crow plushies, he looked at in awe and happiness.

"Its baby crows made by us, it represents us.", Yachi explained hesitantly.

" I love it!", Sugawara laughed heartily. "This way, I'll be able to have you all with me wherever I go!"

After that, they had Sugawara cut the first piece of cake and the rest of the team also joined in. Each one taking a piece and complimented the first years on how good it was, especially Hinata since he was the one who baked it perfectly. 

And the rest of the day was spent in high spirits.

***

I know its not Sugawara's birthday yet but when your brain doesn't have any other ideas to do, you just gotta roll with it.

Also if anyone is interested in Corpse x Sykunno, you can check out my one shots book if you want to UwU

I hope you enjoyed reading this and I will see you later!