• Fanfictions •

This was suggested by ayy6608

Thank you for suggesting this idea and I hope you enjoy this one shot <3

---

Hinata is a famous fanfiction writer, gathering unbelievable amounts of readers every time he published a book online. However, despite having such popularity in the fanfiction community, he doesn't like to boast about it, may it be online or offline. He prefers his online persona to be separated from real life as there is a huge difference between them.

When online, he likes it when he's the famous, a talented fanfiction writer,  who nobody knows other than the name "Ninja" but when he is offline, he's just an ordinary high school student who is struggling to balance both his studies and playing volleyball.

Imagine Kageyama's shock when he found out that this human tangerine, who doesn't get such a high grade in every subject ever, is actually a popular writer online.

It was when one day, Kageyama and Hinata had come early to practice and Hinata had left his phone unlocked with his notifications going crazy. Kageyama decided to check out what was making Hinata's phone vibrate second after second.

---

"Wow!! This is story gave me a free rollercoaster ride of  EMOTIONS!"

"OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH NINJA!! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WORKS <3"

"I can't stop crying like please this fic is so sad but at the same time so good holy shit!"

---

Those comments made Kageyama curious and without thinking, he opened Hinata's profile and-

"Holy shit.", Kageyama mutters to himself. Displayed on Hinata's profile was his writer name, his followers and the several of his works which has thousands of reads. In conclusion, he did not expect Hinata to be a writer at all.

"Bakayama, have you see—OI! What are you doing with my phone?!", Hinata snatches his phone from Kageyama's hands immediately, his ears a tinge of red.

"You never told me you write."

"Yeah cause you didn't ask.", Hinata states, pocketing his phone. "Plus volleyball is all we talk about, you know. It just doesn't come up."

Kageyama shrugged. What Hinata said is true, after all. The topic of writing just didn't come up, with all the volleyball talks and practices, it just never crossed his mind that Hinata might be interested in other things too and not just volleyball. And eating.

"Would you mind if I read your works?"

The question just suddenly slipped out of his mouth. Hinata tenses, looking at Kageyama who stares back at him with seriousness. 

Hinata gave it a thought before letting out a bright smile and pulls out his phone, "Sure! But don't expect too much, okay? I'll let you read whatever you desire so just take a pick."

He hands Kageyama his phone and after careful consideration, the setter picks a one-shot story and began to read.

---

Pride.

That's the main emotion swirling in Kageyama's chest after reading Hinata's story, among the other feelings that was caused by the scenes he read.

"So? What did you think?"

"Eh, it was okay.", Kageyama shrugs, giving a reaction which he knows well will annoy Hinata.