THE WIDOW OF; THE VEIL

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

They said they were intimidated by my silence•

In the middle of a crowd, I get caught up with empty words— withdrawn in perfect lines, but crumbled like a wrong verb in time. And perfect promises never exist. Ironically timing, the day they named me 'Lalisa'. I would latch against the vibrant times of my childhood. Times, when I didn't have to explain my heavy silence. Innocence would neglect the future and the present and it left me standing here, with their 'lectures'. It's been decades as my legacy stands but one last man chose to confront my biggest fears with an evil smile-- one last man.

My father.

The heart is marvelous, a symbol of love that beats within every person. It is there: love, life, a simple heart, a pure soul. But when evil enters the heart, it becomes corrupted with everything that is repugnant. Threads of blood turn against you; it becomes weakened.

I stared at a picture of my grandfather, feeling all the air escape my body like a faint flow.

"Khuṇ pū̀". I muttered with a heavy breath (Grandpa), "Dū ẁā txn nī̂ reā xyū̀ thī̀h̄ịn d̂wy kras̄un thī̀ næ̀n c̄hạn phyāyām thī̀ ca yuti reụ̄̀xng nī̂ tæ̀ ph̀x t̂xngkār mākkẁā nī̂". (Look where we are now. With tight bullets, I've been racing towards ending this, but father wants more.) I felt so emotional as I looked at the picture of my grandpa on the wall, who died too soon as I grew up without guidance.

) I felt so emotional as I looked at the picture of my grandpa on the wall, who died too soon as I grew up without guidance

"How can your own blood want to end you? What is this cause of destruction, Khuṇ pū̀ ?".

"How can someone create this thirst of power and wealth and want to make even his own daughter fall?". I clenched my jaw, "Your son Manoban wanted to end his own daughter, and now.. he's using his own son to end her.. to end me, grandpa".

"But not now.. not ever".

"So forgive me, grandpa.. forgive me if this goes wrong". I held my head up high and I truly resembled a real Manoban.

Me.

Lisa Manoban.

-

I watched the street lights pass by my eyes, my heart held a familiar tune that my father once hummed to me when I was only three. But I wasn't going to let that affect me, I needed to see him. He has to be stopped. I can sense the stares we were getting as we drove through the streets of New York--the beautiful sunset was really reflecting on the streets and on the huge and massive tall buildings.

 I can sense the stares we were getting as we drove through the streets of New York--the beautiful sunset was really reflecting on the streets and on the huge and massive tall buildings