RUBY JANE; AND JOY'S ENVY

Jennie's PoV ねギ栄

My nerves were frayed to the quick. In this building, anxiety was constructed to elaborate rationalizations for why everything would turn out alright, but still, the nagging voice in the back of my mind spoke of nothing but doom ahead.

And I wonder; why until this day I haven't confessed my love for her.

To Lisa, did she question my love for her when I took the bullet with an open heart, that I wore on my sleeve?

But I remain calm.

And secretly smile at me, knowing I got Lisa hooked around my finger. Her cold looks- hid away her goofiness. There has always been something I can't shake about her.

Since day one, Lisa surprised me with her demanding eyes. No one ever wanted me this much, let alone.. to chase after me.

The purpose was to break her walls down, and I succeeded in that. And It left me here, hesitating to mutter certain words to her, but it left me craving and wanting something more, that only she can give.

And only Lisa Manoban can make me question whether I was worth it. To rule such a new throne alongside her side. Only she made me feel this way, and I can only be reminded of the promising future.

Only you Lisa Manoban.

-

I sigh heavily and walk into the huge building of the brand. This was a huge step for me in the industry, and I was so thrilled to join further. With Lisa's support, I know I'm ready to join the moon and the other stars in a heartbeat.

My thoughts drifted back to the certain moments we shared back in Paris. That night; when the moonlight was beaming at us with a hopeful gaze, making me reflect on everything inside of me.

I told her to give me time, and Lisa didn't hesitate to nod at my request.

"Miss Jennie?".

I turned around and was met with a warm smile. "Yes, that's me".

"Lead the way, ma'am". The woman, who I guess was the secretary, motioned for me to follow her into the elevator, which I did happily, with a nod.

The building was flawlessly perfect. The professionalism that came from the workers here, is something very admirable. I raised my head high and followed her out of the elevator as it stopped. The glass windows that led to a huge door, made me anxiously stare ahead.

"You will be meeting the CEO, some of our staff members, and some other models too". The woman from beside me spoke as I nodded at her with a pure smile.

As soon as she opened the door and led me in, my smile vanished.

Joy.

Joy and her envied smile were seen from a distance as I walk into the room.

The woman who broke Lisa's heart into pieces was sitting with a huge smirk, and I wanted to just smack her angrily.

I smile in the fakest way, and return the flames she tried to burn me with. "Now that Jennie is here, how about we start this meeting?". The CEO nodded at me as I sat across from the other woman.