REMEMBER; MY LOVE

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

As I was escorted into the hospital, my eyes remained focused on the hallway. I was led into an elevator, my heart hammering against my chest anxiously and I wanted to run. Hospitals were never my thing. But here I am, praying and hoping that the woman I love, is still alive.

After years of single fame, I can say I'm in love.

And did love seek fortune?

I sucked a deep breath, as the elevator stopped. The white walls made me feel so small— like a shadow who was aiming for light. Anxiously, I walk with my bodyguards. As we enter another hallway, 'Intensive Care' was written on the top making me gulp hard, hoping this isn't the end.

"Miss Manoban?". A nurse came closer, examining the papers in her hand before looking up at me.

"Yes". I calmly looked at her.

"The doctor wants to see you, to talk about Jennie's case". I clicked my tongue on my teeth and nodded before taking the deepest breath. "You may lead the way".

With the stern look I gave to my bodyguards, they nodded understandingly. I bit my lip as she opened the door for me, motioning for me to take a seat. A doctor who looked like he was in his mid 30's greeted me with a handshake.

I shook his hand and unconsciously asked, "Is Jennie okay?".

He clasped his hands together, fixing his glasses before meeting my gaze. "Ma'am, currently she is in intensive care until we make further progress. Luckily, we removed the bullet that was 13 inches apart from her heart. Other than that, Jennie was bleeding too much which affected the baby". He admitted.

My throat became dry at the information. "The baby.. did the baby survive?". He looked deep into my eyes and shrugged. My heart dropped as he spoke, "Unfortunately, the baby didn't survive. We had two options; which is saving Jennie or putting her life in danger by removing the baby".

"Abortion, that was the step that is keeping this woman alive until this moment". My heart was beating so fast, that my knuckles became as pale as the walls. "Sadly, Jennie doesn't know yet that the baby is gone".

I looked down at the ground, my own eyes filling up with tears. Our baby is dead, and it's all because of me.

Because she wanted to save someone like me.

"They told me she was muttering your name the moment they brought her here". The doctor ran his fingers against some papers before finishing off, "So, we decided that you're the right person to deliver the news".

I cleared my throat and wiped the stain of tears before looking at him, "I will".

-

My fingers traced the door handle, my heart was beating out of my chest at this point. And as helpless as I seem, I just wanted to hold her in my arms and promise her that it will be us from now on. The doctor said that her chance of survival isn't optional. The lump that formed in my throat made me want to go back in time, and catch the bullet myself.

But, who am I to resist time?

I took a deep breath and felt like breaking down at this point. "Lisa". The Italian man's voice beamed from behind. I looked at him with a teary gaze, but he just softly smiled. "She needs you now more than anything".