SHE'S; THE BEST PART

Jennie's PoV ねギ栄

Blue.

As I open my eyes, the sky blooms away in blue. I turn in bed— and my breath hitches as I remember the night we had. My lips twitch into a smile as I'm met with the woman who was asleep. My girlfriend.

She's mine now.

After the storm— and after everything she's mine. The awakening force of time didn't seem to get a grasp of ending this war. And I knew— deep inside that cold attractive voice, remained a scared Lisa.

The one who was doubting faith.

"Daddy, where are you..?". My heart stops as I see a frown form on her face. Lisa was gripping the bed sheets tightly- her knuckles turning white, face pale as she drenches into nowhere.

I caress her cheek, kiss her forehead and pull her to my chest. "You said you wouldn't leave..". As she opens her eyes, I whisper; "I'm here baby". Over and over.

What surprised me, was the silent sobs and tears that escaped her eyes. She wrapped her arms around my naked waist and cried into my chest. I was speechless— perhaps this was the real Lisa that everyone was blind to see.

The soft Lisa, couldn't bare the disclosure of the ones she dearly loved.

I held her in silence, determined to not speak, but to tell her that I was there for her. I'm here for her.

Funny, how I was the one who was supposed to be the main reason for her destruction. But here I am, in love with the woman who was supposed to be my target. Trying to fix her pieces— even though they were like glass. Very sharp.

She pulls away and wipes her tears. "I'm sorry".

I shake my head, and inch closer to kiss her jaw. She relaxes immediately. Her long fingers run through her hair, in an anxious posture; "I'm sorry".

"This is supposed to be a happy day for us, but here I am ruining—". I shrugged my head and placed my index finger on her lips.

"Who said it still isn't a happy day for us?".

Lisa cracks a smile, despite the saddened expression she had on her face. She shyly looked down at her hands and sighs heavily.

"I just don't understand why he left". She started, "He left everything behind his back. The company, the new sections that needed to be built from zero". She paused.

"I just don't understand why he thought I was capable of handling all of this, on my own..".

I click my tongue on the back of my teeth and nod at her understandingly.

"Did you try to contact him?". I asked and was timidly careful with my question.

There goes- the empty gaze that isolated the whole point of the question. She frowns, "I didn't think about it".

"If he's happy that he left. Then so, be it". Her cold voice sent shivers down my spine.

I knew arguing with her was pointless— she was stubborn. And if I had to fix her, I would start with the small things.