What a disaster

Ross's Pov:

"Okay." Riker sighed, sweat dripping down his neck, "I think we can officially say this white stuff... Is never coming off."

We spent at least 10 minutes trying to scrape off all of the white goo on the walls.

You're probably thinking it's nothing but it's definitely something considering we've been trying to scrape off the same spot of white for the whole 10 minutes.

"Maybe we should-" Ratliff started but was then interrupted by the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" Ryland suddenly yelled eagerly, "I can't stand another second with you guys."

Shifting my gaze I noticed Rocky scowl, "Harsh."

---

"H..hey," I asked narrowing my eyes, "What are those lights coming from outside?"

I noticed lights turning off and on from outside the kitchen window as the sound of sirens came into earshot.

"Oh no..." Dad mumbled, a nervous chuckle in his tone, "Oh dear lord... This is not happening..."

I opened my mouth to say something but was stopped when my little brother yelled, "DAD! There are some very high up people looking for you..."

Oh no...
---

"Hi-" a firefighter with a very nicely trimmed beard said pointing towards a police next to him, "Were from the fire & police department."

His voice was thick and loud, booming off into the distance as it bounced off our walls.

He was tall, 6'8 if you ask me.

"H..hi." Dad said nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Anything I can help you gentlemen with?"

"Yes." The cop said.

He looked to be in his 30's with very tanned skin. Maybe 2 or 3 kids I'm guessing.

He wasn't very tall, only reached the firefighters shoulders.

"We recently got an alert about a recent fire around this area."

I found myself staring at the skin just underneath dads earlobe.

The sweat glistened off of him as if he has just taken a shower.

Yeah. It was THAT visible.

"The alert shut off and we pin pointed the location to your cottage." He continued, "Mind if we come in?"

Oh this should be good.

See, dad's never been good around government authority, especially cops and firefighters.

It's not that he's terribly afraid of them... No. It's the opposite.

He's terribly in 'love' with them.

And by love I mean like LOVVVVEEE.

He may possibly love them more than mom.

"Yes, yes come in!" He said eagerly, a large grin on his face, "Can I get you boys anything? A glass of wine? Water? Coffee? Oh I make a mean hot chocolate!"

The two men glanced from one another before shaking their heads.

"No. We're fine sir." The cop said resting his hand on the gun placed on the side of his waist.

One push and the trigger goes off.

Wait, what am I saying!? They're not going to harm us!

I hope...