They know

Ross' Pov:

Being told you're being sued isn't exactly my ideal appreciation gift for taking care of someone's daughter, and neither is it for my parents, which is why you can sort of imagine why we freaked.

"What!?" We all yelled at the same time.

I turned my head slightly facing them with wide eyes. I know this is a bad time but am I the only one who thought that was cool? I mean C'MON! Our rhyming, wording, tone, and timing was in SYNC!

But okay, back to the situation, are the Marano's serious? We've always been very kind when it came to their family, I mean, I wouldn't know since I was always rude to Laura, but my parents were always very nice to them and they, to us as far as I know.

"Mr, and Mrs. Marano, I'm sure there's some kind of misunderstanding here.." Dad said rubbing the top of his head, he does that when he's in shock.

"Yes Mr.Lynch, we are." Mr.Marano said giving us an intense stare, one that made us realize this wasn't a joke. The Marano's were very serious about suing us.

"Look," Dad chuckled nervously still rubbing the top of his head, "I'm sure we can work this out. How about you come back tomorrow, and we can clear this whole situation through a nice glass of tea.. or wine, whichever one you prefer."

I couldn't help but chuckle.

When things get serious dad always thinks the solution is through food or fancy drinks.

"Mr.Lynch I don't think you understand just how serious this situation is," Mrs.Marano finally spoke up, "We will be back tomorrow to discuss the further matter but not over a drink because our decision is finale. We are suing you no expetion."

"But-" it was too late. They had already stood up and walked towards the door, us being us stood up like lost puppies and followed right behind.

Mr.Marano turned the doorknob slowly and swiftly, before stepping out into the blinding sun, "We truly are sorry." Mrs.Marano apologized before heading out the door.

The moment they left it was like a huge boulder was lifted off our shoulders and the tension disapearred.

"So.. that just happened.." Ratliff spoke up, trying to break the silence, "Who's up for pie? Cuz' I think Stormie was making some befo-"

"Ratliff," Dad said sternly bring a hand up to his temples, he rubbed them slowly trying to process everything.

"It's okay honey," He said putting his other hand behind mom, "we'll get through this,"

"Dad," Riker started, "If you want, Rydel and I could maybe go to the hospital and see if Laura could maybe help convince her parents not to sue.."

Dad turned towards Riker, eyes lit up like a baby on it's first Christmas, "Yes! Great idea son! Go, go!"

"Wait!" I found myself calling out.

Shoot. What did I just do ??

"Yes.." Riker eyed me carefully

"Uh.. before you go I really need to tell you guys something.."

"Ross can this wait ?" Mom sighed, "We really can't afford for the Marano's to sue us."

I looked around the room staring at each and everyone's faces. If I tell them about my son now it'll just make the stress worse thanks to Mr, and Mrs. Marano's news... I suddenly sighed finding my feet really interesting, "Yeah, sure... whatever."

Mom walked over and kissed my cheek mumbling something i couldn't understand.

---

Riker's pov: