leaving

Laura pov:

"Mom? Dad?"

"Forgive me for hoping for a better reaction." Dad greets with a bellowing laugh. "Give your dad a hug!"

He steps forwards and engulfs me in a breathe crushing hug soon after letting me go so that mother could hug me as well.

"Wha..what are you doing here?" I say breathlessly, fixing my clothes while trying to gain my footing. That hug sure made me lightheaded.

Smacking his hands together dad looks at me like I'm crazy, "We're picking you up!"

It hasn't occurred to me I won't be staying with the Lynches permanently. I mean.. I've gotten so used to their ways and I've began to feel normal around them. Am I ready to leave? And that thought was what made me queasy.

"There's only about 2 weeks left of summer sweetie." It hasn't even occurred to me how much Ive missed my parents. Especially my mothers voice no matter how annoying I found it sometimes. "and our business trip ended early so we thought, might as well pick you up. Spend a little family time before school."

I turn around to face the many faces staring at me. Their eyes all showing the same thing: Shock. Surprise. Sadness. Dreadfullness.

My mouth opens but nothing comes out. I don't know what to say.

"Well..?" Dad says and I force myself to look away from my beloved new family.

"This is so unexpected." I simply say forcing a smile. "I guess I'll go pack.."

And it takes everything In me, not to stare at the people who have cared for me these past two months, as I walk past them towards the stairs. Especially, Ross.

+++

Ross pov:

"She isn't really going to leave us like that!?" I yell frustrated, "is she!?"

I don't care if her parents are sitting in the family room and we're in the kitchen right next door. Laura's my girlfriend and she can't just leave like this.

"Ross.." Mom says quietly looking down at her hand engulfed in Dads. "We've always known Laura's had to go back with her family at the end of summer. And we can't just... Not let her go home."

"Yeah." Dad chips in. He sounds sad. "Especially since her parents are here, and are clearly wanting to take her home. You'll see Laura in two weeks when school starts."

"I should probably go talk to her.." Rydel says quietly walking away.

I notice Dad mouth why towards Riker but I don't see his response.

"I don't know if I can go that long without her..."

"Don't be so dramatic." Rocky blurts with a laugh that even I can tell is forced. He loves her. We all do. She's like family now. We'll .. I love her as you know, way more but still. Family. And we're all going to miss her.

Moments of silence drifts around us before Ryland speaks up. "Guys lets just go say goodbye to Laura instead of moping around here."

"I'll catch up with you guys later." I mutter pulling out my phone. "I wanna be alone for a while."

+++
Thanks for reading : )
Vote and comment