Midnight strolls

Laura pov:
I am alone.
The room is dark and for once I worry about the monsters lurking under my bed.
Because Ross hadn't woken up after 6, Riker said he'd make Ross sleep on the bad couch.
At the moment, I really appreciated it; but now, I wish someone was with me.
The top bunk seems scarier now. Every time the wind blows the branches outside my window, I flinch and bury my head under the protection of my blanket. Even the tick' of the clock is making me on edge.
I went to sleep at 10 and have been awake for 4 hours. These little noises make me flinch so hard I can't sleep. I'm wide awake.
+++
The slight creek of the door opening scares me. I have my eyes closed but they immediately shoot open. Every bone in my body is stiff, every muscle is tense.

The door shouldn't open on its own. There's no wind, I made sure I shut it tight, and it's not one of those easily opened doors...

I don't dare move. I'm too scared to move. I want to lift my head up to see who is at the door or if anyone is even there but I'm too scared. Instead, I find myself sinking deeper into my blanket until my whole head is covered.

I can feel my breathe on my wrists as I bring them close to my chest.

Someone is in my room... I can feel it.

I stay quiet and try to limit my breathing. As time goes by, so does my ability to breathe quietly. I find myself breathing louder and louder which makes me nervous. Crazy thoughts swarm my mind.

Who is it? A murderer? Am I going to die? Someone help!

I count how many ticks' of the clock go by and attentively listen for any signs of movement.

1... 2... 3... Nothing.

I think I'm just being paranoid. I take a deep breathe in and regret it the moment it's done.

Loud coughs immediately fill the room and the worry of someone in my room goes away. All I can think about is stopping my coughs and the burning sensation in my throat.

I stayed way too long under those blankets, I actually chock on my own spit.

When my coughing dies I lay in bed and sigh. My hands are placed on my stomach and I find myself staring at the ceiling peacefully.

All paranoid thoughts are gone. I turn on my side preparing for a well deserved sleep when a creek is heard from the bottom bunk.

My body turns limp and my eyes wide open.

There is definitely someone in here. The thought of turning on the lights and screaming for help crosses my mind but I'm too far from it. The person would beat me to it or most likely be able to stop me.

Instead, I grip onto my forearm and dig my nails into it. That way I won't scream.
The paranoia in my mind confuse me. I'm not even sure whether or not my eyes are open or closed anymore. The views the same either way.

And that's when it happens...
+++
A hand clamps over my mouth, and another presses on the skin just above the waist line of my shorts. My shirt rises up slightly and I can feel the persons cold touch against my warm skin.

"Shh..." I hear someone say in a whisper. It sounds like a guy. "You awake?"

I don't know what happens to me but I can't help but roll my eyes. His hand is still over my mouth and I have to bring my own up to his and physically pull it away.

"Ugh!" I grunt the moment I'm free of his hold. "Now I am! Who is this?"

I can't see the person but I can see his shadow enough to know he has the decency to take a couple steps away from my bunk. I can see him bring an arm to the back of his neck while shifting from one foot the other. "Ross..." He says quietly.