Waiting for you

Laura pov:

"Ross!" I plead banging the door to our room. "Please let me in.."

He locked it.

"Ross can we please talk about this!"

I press my ear against the door expecting him to be stubborn but end up falling against him.

"Now you open the door..." I mumble pushing myself up.

He doesn't say anything. Instead the moment I'm stable, he pushes away and crawls back under his covers.

"Ross.." I sigh walking to his bed side. "I'm sorry.."

He doesn't say anything.

I lay down next to him on the bed forcing him to move over. He doesn't object.

"Ross..." Nothing. "Fine." I say sternly before reaching for his baby hairs. As if knowing my move he quickly turns around taking hold of my wrist. His fingers press deeply into my skin hurting me a little.

The room is dark but I can still see his eyes clearly. His cold.. cold eyes.

They scare me sending a shiver down my spine. He knows he hurt me because he immediately releases, his eyes softening to look at my wrist.

"I'm sorry.." He sighs sitting up.

"Me too." I say pulling my wrist away. "I.. I'm gonna go."

There are marks on my wrist. I don't know whether or not I feel guilty or upset.

"Laura.." He sighs once I stand up. "Laura! No wait. I'm.. I'm sorry."

I stop in my tracks. A few more steps and I'm out the door.

"Come sit down.. Let's .. We need to talk."

+++

Riker pov:

"Who was that?" Dad asks the moment I sit back down.

"Just Laura." I say quietly staring at the screen. But my mind is elsewhere.

"About time those two got home.." He grumbles shoving more popcorn into his mouth.

"Yeah.." I sigh. Laura didn't tell me what happened with her and Ross. All I know is Ross is upset and I don't know why.

+++

Ross pov:

"I'm sorry Laura. I didn't mean to hurt you."

I can't believe I hurt her. The more she fidgets with her wrist, the guiltier I feel.

"It's fine." She says quietly. She hasn't looked at me since she sat down.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I would never do that.. You know that right?"

She doesn't say anything. Instead, she nods her head.

"Laura.. I.. I'm not mad."

"Then what?" She finally says and looks towards me.

That sure gets her attention.

"I'm just.. Hurt."

Once again she doesn't say anything.

"I know I said I'd understand if you didn't say it back and really, I didn't expect for you to, but I guess when the real thing happened and you couldn't say it back.. It hurt more than I expected."

She still doesn't say anything, but she's looking at me now.

"I guess in my mind whenever it's about you, I like to think the best so I don't calculate the worst."

"I love you Ross." She suddenly says, a smile on her face. I guess my somewhat of an apology or explanation worked. "I -"

"No.." I press a finger to her lips and smile. She's so perfect.

"I don't want you to say it just yet."

+++

Laura's pov:

I close my mouth quickly staring into his hazel pools. "Um.."

Ross takes hold of my hands and lightly pecks them both.

"I want you to say it when you're ready. I'm... I can wait."

"Are you sure? Cause-"

"I know." He says with a small smile. "I'm aware of what I said to you before.. But I guess I didn't fully understand what waiting meant, but now I do. And for you Laura... I'll wait for as long as you need."

+++

"Why does the doorbell always have to ruin our special moments?" I mumble against Ross' beautiful lips.

I feel him smile into our kiss before pulling away. "We should probably head down."

"Why..?" He pouts adorably like a child.

"Because I can hear Ratliff yelling for us. Now c'mon! And throw a shirt on." I say the last part with a small smile I don't want him to see. When did he take his shirt off..?

+++

"We're coming- we're coming." I repeat rushing down the stairs dragging Ross behind me. "What's the emer- Austin?"

"Hi." He says breathily at the door. He looks tired.

"You're a mess.. What happened?"

His eyes are wild and it's clear he's worried.

"Laura I need your help."

"Anything.." I immediately accept letting go of Ross' hand.

"Ally's missing. I need your help to find her."

+++
Thanks for reading!
Vote & Comment!