The monster is in the cottage

Rocky pov:
"Anyone want to try my veggie rolls?" Mom says with a small smile. She pushes the door to the room Ratliff and I share just a little with her foot so her head and small tray can fit through. "They just came out of the oven...."

"No thanks mom." I say without turning towards her. "No! Ratliff move! He's right behind you! No! No! No! Awe..." Flashes of red fill the screen and the words 'you lose' blink on and off.

"Oh you boys and your video games. C'mon! Try my rolls." With a sigh Ratliff and I turn around to face my mother. She has her puppy dog eyes on and her lower lip puckers out.

"Oh mom! Not the puppy dog eyes!"

Her eyes widen a bit and her lower lip puckers out even more.

"Mom. Ratliff and I aren't falling for that."
I turn my head to face my best friend and frown. "Oh c'mon! don't give in!"
His eyes are knit together and he has a sheepish smile on his lips. "I can't help it. I feel bad. Oh fine. Gimme a roll."
I roll my eyes and pout. I watch as mom takes a roll and stuffs it in his mouth. 3 seconds pass before Ratliff spits it out in disgust.
"Oh wow! That... Uh.. That-" he turns to me for help and I raise my hands in surrender. "There's a reason why I didn't try it bud."

"I know." Mom sighs and places the tray on my desk. "It was horrible."

"Yeah.. Yeah it really was." Ratliff says immediately.

"Why are you baking rolls again mom?"

"Your father and I are entering the annual 'best parent' contest tomorrow and we've lost every year because of that one test: veggie roll making. Ugh gets me every time. How does anyone make a proper veggie roll??"

"By following the recipe." I say awkwardly.

"But what's the fun in that?" She asks dumbfounded. "Doesn't matter. I'm going downstairs and winning that contest even if it means baking all night!"
+++
Ross pov:
"Knock knock." I say entering Riker's room. "Anyone home?"

His room is empty. I attempt to look around but decide not to when I notice just how clean it is. Riker has a thing for people entering his room without him being their. That's why he keeps his room really clean so he'll know if anyone walked in without him knowing. That's just creepy if you ask me.

"Hey little bro, what's up?"
I turn around quickly and find Riker standing at the doorway with a smoothie.
"Where'd you get the smoothie?" I ask wanting one myself.
"Down the street. There's a smoothie truck parked their. Now what are you doing in my room? If I didn't have this smoothie right now I wouldn't be so calm about it."

I lift my hands like I'm surrendering to the cops and say. "Relax. just came to talk to you."

"About?" He takes another sip of his smoothie. Wow I really want one now.

"You know." I say walking around. "Stuff."

"What stuff?" His eyes narrow and he walks in. I watch him place his smoothie on his dresser and for a second I debate on whether or not to take a sip.

"You know... Life."

"So in other words..." There's a devious smirk on his lips. "Laura."

My mouth hangs open and I struggle for breathe. Even her name sounds gorgeous. "How did you know??"

"What? That you've been crushing on her since day 1? Just a hunch."

My shoulders slouch and I bring a hand behind my neck. "I'm in trouble bro."

He takes a seat on his bed and pats the spot next to him. I'm a little shocked he's letting me sit on his bed but nonetheless I don't disagree. "If you're wondering whether or not Laura likes you-" he says flatly. "She does."