Protective friends and I'm ready

Lauras pov:

2 days later Ross and I were at the mall laughing and talking when he decided to get the both of us a drink at the food court.

I found a seat and sat down quietly waiting when I felt someone tap my shoulders .

Laura: Ha~ Ha Ross, I know what your doing and i'm not gonna fall for it~ (I said not turning around)

I felt the same tap and ignored it

I tried my best not to turn and fall for his trick so I looked fowards when I saw Ross's blonde hair standing at the cash register paying.

Wait...

I quickly turned to see a really cute guy staring at me sheepishly.

???: Hi...

Laura: Omg I am so sorry... I thought you were my friend playing a prank on me so~

He laughed making little dimples appear on his fac, that just made him look even cuter.

???: I get it. Hi~ I'm Cody Christian

I felt really nervous just staring at him. Suddenly I became concious of what I must have looked like to him. Oh gosh... I'm a mess

Cody: No your not.

Laura: What ?

Cody: You said you're a mess outloud... (He stated awkwardly)

Laura: Oh ! Right~ Yeah... I meant to do that...

He laughed as I blushed embarassed.

Cody: Anyway, I um.. saw you when you and your uh~ boyfriend walked in...

Laura: Oh he's not my boyfriend, were not even friends (I explained thinking about the relationship i had with ross for the first time)

Cody looked happy and a little relieved.

Cody: Oh ! Well.. I saw you two and I noticed how gorgeous you looked so I decided to come talk (He put his hands in his pockets looking down)

I couldn't believe my ears

Laura: I'm sorry what ?

Cody: I said, you looked gorgeous so I wanted to come talk...

Laura: I know (I grinned sheepishly) I just wanted to hear it again...

He opened his mouth to speak when Ross came back with our drinks.

Ross: Who's this Laur...

he had an edge to his voice i've never heard him use before.

Laura: Uh... cody... (I said hesitantly) Cody... This is Ross...

Cody smiled politly giving him a hi as Ross just glared.

I slapped him glaring, he rolled his eyes and mummbled a hi.

I bet cody could sense the awkwardness cuz all he did was give me his number and he left.

Laura: What was that all about ?!!

Ross looked at me innocently

Ross: What ?

Laura: don't what me, why'de you glare and roll your eyes !

I didnt know why but i was pretty mad Ross did that. 

Ross: Look I dont know... Why are you so mad??

Laura: Because you've been acting protective ever since yesterday and frankily i'm sick of it ! (I gave him a death glare)