Week 2

Ross's pov:

"Today is the day I'm free." I say from the bottom of the stairs. "I am a free man! Of wealth. Riches. Youth. Happiness. And Hope. Today - I am finally free of..." I stop mid sentence when reality reminds me I'm not yet free. I feel the sadness consume me and my expression drops. "My room."

I hold the microphone in my left hand and drop my left arm depressed. See, the deal of my grounding was: 1 week in my room. 2nd cottage only. No tv, electronics, or friends over of course.

I survived the first week. Now let's see me handle another. I guess being able to walk freely in a bigger area is some what of a start to freedom. Just not the kind I would like.

Laura was a big help during the first week. Honestly, I don't think I could have survived without her. She always made me laugh when I got too bored being stuck in the room. She always made sure I had something to keep me busy, and when there wasn't, she'd talk to me. And not one of those casual talks. I'm talking, full on deep, emotional, secretive, talks. It got pretty deep in there let me just say. But I did promise not to tell anyone about it. You know the saying 'What happens in the room; Stays in the room.'

+++

Laura's pov:

I step out of the tiny room I've been confined in for a week. I smile at the fresh air and the bigger movement capacity my body now had. This, is true freedom. Sort of.

"How you like being grounded Laur?" Rocky says with a chuckle. He passes me on the way to his room with a box of raisin brand cereal. The disgusting kind. Yeah I know, they're all disgusting.

"I thought you hated Raisin brand?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"I do."

My eyes narrow towards him and I frown. "Than... Why are you eating Raisin' Brand Cereal?"

Rocky seems surprised by my question when he looks down towards the box he is holding.
"Awe man! I grabbed the wrong brand. Who keeps buying this stuff anyway? No one likes this."

"How did you not know it wasn't what you wanted when you were stuffing it in your mouth?" I press my mouth into a thin line suppressing the urge to laugh.

He brings a finger to his chin as if he were thinking hard. "Hmm..."

I shake my head, quickly excusing the question. "Forget about it. And being grounded sucks." I add just to change the subject. That quickly catches his attention because Rocky's eyes grow with excitement. Either that or mischief. I can't tell anymore.

"HAHA! You're the one who insisted on getting grounded."

"Yeah well one of you could have stopped me..." I pout like a child.

"Meh. It's not really what we Lynches do Incase you haven't noticed." That makes me smile. The Lynches. They have their flaws but at the end of the day. They're still a pretty rockin' family. I send Rocky a slight smirk before making my way down the stairs to explore the kitchen. Oddly enough, I have missed it. I intend to spend my last week of misery as happy as it can be. After all;

I'm finally free.

Sort of.

+++
Thanks for reading. Hope you like it. Enjoy. Vote and Comment!