"Oh"

Rocky's pov:

"Somehow I feel like that was my fault." I mumbled awkwardly towards Ratliff as Ross walked away, grumbling.

He had shoved his hands in his pockets as his face shown a mixture of annoyance and frustration.

Made him look constipated if ya ask me.

The rest of the family walked away as well, quickly bored of the situation.

I guess they're all just used to the idea of Laura yelling at Ross; and Ross trying to make up for it.

I mean, it has been what we've been doing since summer started.

"Because it was!" Ratliff glared back harshly, everyone was gone, there was no point in whispering anymore, "You're the one that wanted to give Laura a welcome back prank!"

"Well you're the one who told Laura all that crap about Ross!" I shot back.

Man these excuses are getting hard.

"I did it so your prank could work!" He snapped rolling his eyes.

"No don't you roll your eyes at me!" I sassed sticking my pointer finger in the air and my other hand on my hip.

"Just tell them the letter was from you Rocky." My best friend sighed.

He stuck his hip out doing a little pose,"Laura's barely been back a week and she's already mad at Ross."

I couldn't help but chuckle. His pose made him look like a woman, there was no way I could take him seriously... No! I have to! Focus Rocky! Okay moving on.

"Rocky, this is going way too far. Tell them the truth." He said clearly, giving me a motherly glare.

Wow, he is really rocking this whole mom vibe!

---
Laura's pov:

He loves me,
He loves me not.

He loves me.
He loves me not.

I don't know what i'm doing.

5 minutes ago I was crying and now i'm sitting on my bed repeating these stupid words over and over again while Ross's face is like permanently glued to my mind or something.

I CAN'T stop thinking about him!

Why am I repeating these stupid words!?

I don't care if Ross loves me or not.

"Laura..." A voice echoed from behind the locked door.

"Uh... Laura isn't here to answer the door." I panicked in my fail audio- machine voice, "Please leave a message after the beep... Uh.. Beeepp..."

Really, leave a message after the beep. That's what you say in a voice mail!

Nice job Laura.. You blew it.

"Uh.." The voice said awkwardly from outside, "Laura I know it's you. Your fake accent doesn't fool anyone."

Squeezing my eyes tightly together I silently prayed the man behind the door wasn't who I thought it was, but what are the odds right.

Crawling down from my bed, I subconsciously smoothed over my clothing before opening the door.

I didn't bother fixing my makeup.

Maybe looking at all the smudges would make him feel bad, or at least.. make even the tiniest, sliver of generosity deep inside him feel guilty.

"Hey," I mumbled quietly, the door squeaking.

"Laura..." His eyes widened, "I mean Laura! L..laura, laura! Uh.. Wow,"

I watched as his hand automatically found it's way to the back of his neck.

He was definitely nervous.

"I uh... Wow," he continued, "Maybe it would have been smarter to have actually thought this through before uh.. Knocking on your door..."

Holding back I smile I pressed my lips into a thin line; squeezing tight.

"Listen, I just wanna apologize." He blurted, starting over, "the stuff Ratliff said wasn't true. It was just Rat being... Rat."

"I know," i found myself blurting out calmly.

"And I- wait what?" His hand fell from his neck as his eyes scrunched together adorably in confusion.

Chuckling slightly I rubbed the back of my arm, "I know."

"Wait than why are you mad at me?" He asked clearly confused.

"Because.. " I said quietly, staring at my feet, "Well, I used to get bullied a lot. I know you bullied me too but it was worse than what you did. And... All the people that bullied me would sort of ... Say the same thing Ratliff said downstairs and I don't know... i guess when he said it the memories returned and it just got to me more than it should have.

Leaving my head down, I slowly drifted my eyes to his face; watching his expression.

"Oh." Was all he said as his face was as blank as a blank sheet of paper.

"Oh," I repeated; lifting my head.

I could practically feel the anger, the heat, rise to my face as my blood boiled.

I can't believe I just practically spilled my backstory and all this jerk has to say is, "Oh."

"Oh?" I repeated a bit louder, "Oh!? That's ALL you have to say? Oh,"

"Oh.." He stated simply.

"Unbelievable..." I said under my breathe and rubbed my forehead, "I can't believe I actually thought we were having a moment here."

His expression didn't change but my feelings did; and thanks to HIM, the anger's gone. All that's left now... Is hurt.

---
HEY!
Ssorryy for taking so long to update!
School has got me booked up!
+ Exams bite. 😒😞😣
Hoped you liked this. It's short cuz' i tried squeezing one update in.
Vote and comment please! 😊😃☺️