Back to normal... Maybe?

Laura's pov:

I'm adjusting to my old life.

It feels weird not to see the familiar walls of the hospital and that room I was in for months; every time I wake up a part of me forgets i'm with the lynches.

Maybe i'll adjust soon...

---

Ross's pov:

Laura's been back for about 3 days now and to be honest, they've been the best 3 days of my life.

Of course if anyone ever asked I'd deny everything.

I can tell she's not used to being back though; she wakes up in our room a lot questioning her surroundings.

Vanessa decided to continue staying at her own place while Laura's parents had to go back to wherever it was they were at before.

Meh; I don't really care, less distractions for me and Laura.

---
Laura's pov:

I sat in bed playing with my phone.

Well it was a flip-phone so not much playing could be done. I mostly pressed the buttons randomly to make cool noises.

Deciding I had enough, I dialed Nessa's number.

We've gotten really close, were even going by nickname's!

"Hey Nessa," I spoke up as I heard her pick up on the other line, a grin appeared on my face.

"Hey baby sis, what's up?"

"Bored," I blurted plainly rubbing the back of my neck, "Wanna come over?"

The line went silent before she sighed, "Sorry sis, can't. Really busy today-"

I really loved how she called me sis. At first I sort of didn't like her but after getting to know her; idk, i've grown to .. Love her I guess.

Not wanting to pry into her business I let it go; resisting myself from asking her what she was busy with.

"Alright," I ended up saying, a forced edge in my tone, "Rain Check?"

"Definitely." She said confidently before an, "I love you" escaped her mouth and the line went dead.

---
Ross's pov:

"I'm so bored!" I whined, laying back down on the island we had in our kitchen.

"Laura's back and things still haven't changed much," Ratliff said simply, taking a water from the fridge.

"Hey!" I blurted defensively, sitting up, "Laura make's everything better, don't call her boring!"

Raising his hands in a surrender position, he stepped back; the water in his hand, "Chill, I didn't mean anything by it."

Realizing what I had done I hung my head low, staring at my thighs.

"You okay Ross?" He asked, walking over.

I heard his water being gently placed next to me as he lifted himself up onto the other side, "Someone's love sick."

"I'm not love sick!" I yelled, lifting my head up fast.

A little too fast apparently because the next thing I knew Rat and I were both doubled over in pain, holding our heads as they throbbed.

"Oww!!" He cried out, getting off the island.

"What's with all the noise?" Riker asked walking into the kitchen.