Gone for a day

Ross's pov:

"YOU'RE WHAT!?" I screamed.

I could feel my heart dying.

My soul slowly drifting away.

Was this really the end for me?

Is this really how i'm going to die?

"Oh stop being so dramatic!" Mom scolded. She wiped the air as if to say "It's no biggie-" and said, "It's just for a day."

"Just.. Just for a day!?" I scoffed, "Yeah, and Rocky's just annoying for a day-"

"Yeah!" He backed me up, "Wait what!? Hey!!"

Rolling her eyes Delly took over, "Listen up boys! We need girl time and you need guy time. Laura,Mom, and I are going to that makeup convention in the next town down! Were just gone for a day so suck it up!"

"Yup," Laura mumbled quietly, "Leave it to Delly to put things nicely..."

---

"Alright boys!" Dad clapped his hands together forming a family meeting in the kitchen.

Or.. at least what was left of the family.

"The girls are gone for the day and we gotta somehow manage to pull ourselves together and survive!"

"Yup! Were dead!" Ryland groaned throwing his hands up in the air.

"Dad!" Rocky said getting his attention, "Do you even know how to work an oven or the stove?"

Eyes widening dad scoffed, "Pfft... Of course I do!"

Rolling his eyes Ratliff spoke up, "Oh yeah, show us."

I watched as dad hesitated to answer.

Yeah were so dead.

"I don't need to show you!" He freaked coming up with a lame excuse to not show us, "I said I know how to work it alright! Your mother wasn't the only one who raised you kids."

"Relax guys!" Riker called out proudly. He spread his arms out wide like an eagle stepping forwards, "You got me."

"Pfft yeah," I heard Rocky mumble, "The lady man slash tie boy."

Apparently I wasn't the only one who heard because Riker turned his attention towards the 3rd oldest lynch and growled.

"Alright! Alright! Enough!" Dad yelled, "I got this all under control."

We stared at each other for a couple seconds before nodding our heads in agreement.

I hope he does.

"Alright." Dad continued, "Now, one question. What is this stove slash oven you speak of?"
---
Just a short update 😂😂
Hope you all liked it!