[Smart Pogues] Pope

"Hey Pope!" I shouted at him the other side of the boat.

"Yeah?" He turned around from the stirring wheel, as I drew the rest of the pouges attention.

"What's 234 x 56?" I saw Pope roll his eyes and JJ, Kiara and John B turned to look at him.

"Come on what's the answer big guy?" John B said nudging him.

"13104" I nodded my head and smiled

"That's actually right!"

*********

We were all chilling back at the chateau. Then me and Pope were talking about chemistry and physics while the other idiots besides Kiara listened in.

"How are you two physically this smart? It's just not possible!" JJ said smoking a joint.

"It is. If you didn't smoke and actually pay attention in school it might help you."

I said leaning into Pope's arm. "Yep. And JJ maybe you could use a tutoring session from one of us. You definitely need one." All of us laughed at JJ because he stormed into his room and slammed the door.

"Thank god I have some brain cells," JB said taking a swig of his beer.

"Here here!" We all spoke back in response.

*****

"No! It's not possible! If the purple wires interfere with the red wires it'll mess up the whole motherboard!" I shouted at Pope. Right now, us two were conducting an experiment (well trying to) and Pope's messing it up.

"No! We want the two to create a spark because then it'll start the motherboard up again therefore it'll no longer need to have a source of energy the two plugs will provide it!"

I huffed but then signaled Pope to do it his way. And believe it or not it actually worked.

"It worked! It actually worked!" I shouted walking over to it to make sure.

"You didn't believe in me?"

"No, no it's not that. I'm surprised it worked. Because I've conducted this experiment before and it didn't work."

I turned around and Pope's face an inch away from mine. We both leaned in and was about to kiss then we heard JJ swing the door open making us two pull apart rather quickly.

"Hey smartasses, you wanna come out on the boat with us?" JJ asked walking round the lab.

"JJ stop touching things! And yeah we just finished our experiment and it actually worked!" I took off my goggles put on my jacket then my backpack then looked at Pope.

"You coming?"

"Yeah! Come on! You're girlfriend's ready let's goooo!!" JJ shouted walking out the door John B not following long after. And Pope stood there going red at the word girlfriend.

"Girlfriend huh?" I asked leaning against a table.

"I mean, I don't know - I like you-" Pope fiddled around for his stuff while speaking "and it's fine if you don't like me. It's just - umm I just - wow this is awkward."

He put a hand through his hair and I just gave a light laugh.

"It's not really funny, it's just I confessed my feelings for you -" I walked over to him, grabbed him by the cheeks and gave him a quick kiss.

"How was that? Your crush who likes you back just kissed you! Now come on! We've got to hang out with the dumbasses!"

I ran out the door and to the van where JJ and John B sat in and I got in the back.

"Did he make a move on you?" I took my bag off then rose an eyebrow at JJ.

"You idiot! She wasn't meant to know!" John B said hitting him.

"What that Pope likes me?" Both their jaws dropped and I just shrugged.

"He kind of said it in the lab in a really awkward way. But I kissed him and told him I liked him so it's fine,"

I slouched back as if what I just said was causal.

"Guys we ready to go?" Pope asked getting in the van.

"Yeah we've been waiting for you!"

John B started the van and we drove over to the chateau while JJ was asking questions about mine and Pope's non existent relationship

********

"So y/n." I looked up from the sea and I saw Pope coming and sitting next to me.

"Yeah?" He looked on the water 'looking for answers' and I just looked at him.

"Will you - "

"Pope hurry up! We need to know!"

"JJ! Shut the hell up!" I heard John B slap him then he gave a groan then Pope looked and laughed at me.

"I think this is the worse asking you to be my girlfriend question in the world." I laughed then put my head on his shoulder.

"I would've still said yes."