[I- Uh] Pope

~ Pope's P.O.V ~

I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't be happier. I'm finally going to my dream college and everything's going my way so far. I've got the text books, decent outfits for once and I've get the best friends ever.

"I can't believe Pope's going to college." JJ said to me as I walked out the house.

"And to think just a year ago we were looking for the royal merchant." Kiara said to me.

"Yeah, everything's changing now. But don't give up on the gold guys. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean you give up."

"True, but you're the brains of the operation Pope." John B said messing my hair up.

We all stood their saying goodbyes until my mum shouted from the car to hurry up. "I'll see you guys at Christmas." I said giving them all a final goodbye hug.

"See you at Christmas!" They all shouted at the same time.

I jumped in the car and watched them wave goodbye as my mum drove us to the mainland. My dream college was only a couple of hours away. Where my life will be perfect.

Me and my parents arrived at the college and we started unpacking the car and walking to my dorm.

"Hey! You must be Pope!" My roommate said to me. "I'm Sam."

"Pope but you already knew that."

"You must be his parents nice to meet you." He said shaking their hands. Good to know I've got a sensible roommate.

*****

"God our little boy is all grown up now. We won't see you till Christmas." My mum said wiping her eyes.

"Mum it's gonna be fine. Sam's nice I'll be in good hands and I'm only a couple of hours away."

"I know, I know but the house is going to be empty now and there won't be any craziness staying up for you."

"You won't miss that." I laughed. I gave her a big hug then waved goodbye as she got in the car.

"Have fun my boy. This is where you knuckle down. No more about the royal merchant. I want you to study and nothing else. Only the gold when you get back. Got it?"

"I will dad. And you know I'll have to much on my plate to even think about that."

"Good." My dad said as he gave me a quick hug. "Now all I've got to do is put up with your mother." He joked.

"You'll be fine." He nodded his head then got into the car and started driving off.

After I couldn't see them anymore I walked back into my dorm and started unpacking ready for lessons in two days.

~ Your P.O.V ~

Me and my best friend Maddie were unpacking our boxes from the taxi, but then I heard a man talking about the royal merchant.

"No more about the royal merchant. I want you to study and nothing else. Only the gold when you get back. Got it?"

"I will dad. And you know I'll have to much on my plate to even thinks about that."

"Y/n have you even been listening to me?" Maddie said snapping her fingers in my face and grabbing my attention.

"No. What were you saying?"

"I was saying that there are so many cute people here. God I bet there's so many smart people here. I don't even know how we got accepted." Maddie said as we walked to our dorm.

We both specifically requested that we got the same dorm room. The only way we did that was to pay extra, which neither of us complained because we've never needed to worry about money.

"Shit this is so nice!" Maddie said dropping her box in the room.

"Yeah. I thought our room was small." I said looking around.

"That's what our parents told us, but knowing them they probably bought a bigger one."

I nodded my head and was about to leave to get the other boxes but to preppy girls stood in my way. "Good afternoon ladies. You must be new! I'm magnolia and this is rose! Were you neighbours." What kind of name is magnolia.

"Hi. I'm y/n and this is Maddie."

"Hi. Welcome to the dormitories!" They handed us a box. "There's come chocolate chip cookies in there so enjoy! Goodbye!" Magnolia said walking away.

"Well she was cute." Maddie said.

"Oh be quiet. You'll have plenty of time to flirt with her later! For now let's go finish setting up.

~ Two days later ~

I was walking to maths class and the boy that was talking about the royal merchant was sitting by himself in the corner.

"Well that would be a good place to start." I said bracing myself to go sit next to him. "Hey." I said placing my books down.

"Um hi?" He asked confused.

"I'm Y/n,"

"I- Uh Pope." Holy shit that's pope, from the outer banks.

"You're Pope. From the outer banks."

"I- how did you know that?"

"Well I was Jamie Lee that was - "

"You're the one who helped us with the hunt. I remember you, because I had a crush on you while you hung out with us."

I went red when he said he had a crush on me, because I did too. But I never really acted on it.

"That was a bit to forward." Pope said laughing.

"No, it's fine. I had a crush on you too. I was just a bit shy back then."

"So was I. But I still am now." Pope said laughing which I joined in on.

"I overheard you were talking about still looking for it. I thought you already found it?"

"Well we did. But - "

The teacher cut him off by saying that class has started and that there shouldn't be no talking while he was talking.

She gave us some work to work out and we could talk and that was when Pope caught me up with everything to do with the royal merchant, how Ward stole it and how they don't know what to do with it.

"Shit that's a lot. But at least John B and Sarah are alive, that's a good thing."

"Yeah that was the main thing. And that they're pretty much on top of the gold."

We both laughed but then the teacher picked on me. "Miss y/l/n! Would you care to tell us what you got for the second question."

I looked down at my book. "Uh - 4√3 and x = 2.87."

"That's correct." Oh thank god. I hate being picked on.

"Uh y/n. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to have dinner on Saturday? I could catch you up with everything to do with the royal merchant?"

I went red realising I could finally go on a date with Pope that I was to scared to ask him about. "Yeah, I would love that."

"Okay. Well can I have your phone number so I could text you where to meet you when I find a place to eat?" He laughed.

"Yeah okay." I handed him my phone as he put in my phone number and I smiled realising that there's a spark already forming between me and Pope.