[Relax] Pope

(A/n before we get started, I'm going to say Pope doesn't surf as much as everyone else. Or he isn't as good as everyone else.)

"Y/n!!!" I jumped and chucked my phone up in the air. As Pope came into my room shouting.

"What?" I managed to catch my phone before it hit the floor as Pope sat on my bed.

"What's wrong? Who did you kill?" Pope gave me a serious look but then turned around and faced me fully.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry, what's wrong?" I asked leaning forward and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"It's college, I just found out the one I want to go to is really expensive. And my parents can barely afford text books."

I pulled Pope into a hug to try and reassure him and he gladly took it.

"It's gonna be fine. We'll figure a way around it. We can - " He pulled apart and looked at me.

"I don't want to tell the pouges, I don't think they'll take it well, they'll over react and I don't want them to." I sighed as he got up and started pacing.

"I don't know what to say Pope." I laughed a little. "You know I'm terrible at these situations."

I finally got up and stopped him from pacing then looked over at my board.

"Let's go surfing. I'm going to help you get better." I didn't let him protest, I just grabbed my bikini from my wardrobe and started getting changed.

I pulled on some denim shorts and grabbed my surf board.

"Pope. Let's go get into our zen."

I grabbed his arm as we walked to his house.

"Hey Heyward." " I said walking into Pope's house.

"Y/n, it's nice to see you what brings you here?" I looked around then looked back at Heyward.

"Where's Pope's surfboard? I know he has it."

"Dad it's fine you - "

"It's down in the basement."

"Okay, thank you! Pope stay here!" I put my board up against the wall then ran down to go get Pope's.

"Off to the beach we go!" I shouted giving Pope his board.

"Bye dad!" I ran out of Pope's house and started making my way to the beach.

"Okay you know how to surf but we're just going to go through the basics." I said as I plopped my board on the sand.

"This really isn't going to help me. How will this calm me down?" Pope asked as he sat on his surf board.

I went through the basics of standing up and down. Then just balancing yourself afterwards.

"Okay we're ready for the waves." I said as I looked at the waves.

"I really don't -" I cut him off by pulling him into the sea and jumped over a wave.

"Come on! It'll be fun!"

********

Pope walked me back to mine and I turned to look at him.

"Today was fun. We definitely need to do this again. And plus it made you forget about what you were stressing."

"Y/n, you're the best. And I'm not being sarcastic."

"You're welcome if you ever need to surf I'm your girl."

"I know where to find you then." I smiled then looked down at the floor.

"Yeah you do."