[Grow some balls] Pope

~ Pope's P.O.V ~

"Look at me. Look at me." JJ said to me shaking my shoulders.

I looked him in the eyes and couldn't believe what I was about to do. How the hell did I end up in this position.

"Can you stop shaking me. This is already scaring me you're not helping." I said removing his hands from my shoulders.

"It shouldn't be scaring you! You're in love with her! She shut down James because she didn't want to get you jealous and didn't want to hurt you."

"How do you know that?"

"I over told y/n and Kiara talking one day at the wreck."

For a moment JJ seemed to be to distracted by telling me how y/n feels about me to actually help me.

"Anyways! Stop getting me distracted! You're going to go up to her, tell her, she's gonna say it back and boom! Happy days!"

JJ swung his arms around me and walked me towards her. "The more you push away talking to y/n the more she'll lose feelings and there won't be anything there anymore."

"God I hate that you're right JJ." I said walking faster up towards her house.

"I know right! And I'm not even drunk, high or both!"

I rolled my eyes and knocked on y/n's door only to be greeted by her dad.

"Hi Mr y/l/n is y/n home?" I asked scratching the back of my head.

"No she just went out to get chocolate. Why, do you need something important for her?"

Shit, what do I say? JJ didn't prepare me for this. This is not what happens in the movies.

"The homework. I left mine round here when I came to study with her." I smiled.

"Okay. Well let me just go in there and get it for you. No boys in her room while I'm in the house." He laughed walking away.

"God dammnit y/n why couldn't you've been in?" I whispered to myself.

I stood on the patio awkwardly, waiting either for y/n or her dad. God, I please hope that y/n comes to me first. I looked down the road and saw y/n riding her bike with her headphones in, but stopped when she saw me.

~ Your P.O.V ~

I was riding back to my house, by listening to 'How am I still alive?' by Lauren Hibberd. I was bobbing my head along and mouthing the words then looked up.

What the hell is Pope doing on my patio. I jumped off my bike but kept my headphones in and slowly walked up to my house.

"Hey Pope." I said putting my bike up against the fence.

"Y/n! Hi! Um, how are you?"

"I'm good?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Good, good, good." Pope stood there awkwardly, then my dad came to the open door.

"Sorry Pope. My daughter doesn't have any of your homework. I assume you might've left it somewhere else."

The homework excuse. God. That was James' excuse.

"Hi dad," I said waving casually. "Can you leave me and Pope alone? Please?"

I gave him the look. "Yes sure."

My dad put a pair of keys in the front door and shut the door behind him, which he was probably now ease dropping from.

"So what are you doing here? Besides 'getting your homework'"

"Well I wanted to talk to you. I needed an answer to something, that someone else couldn't give me." Pope stopped slouching and stood up straight. "Y/n."

"Oh my fucking god." I looked at where the noise came from and it was JJ walking up my steps.

"JJ? What are you doing here?"

"Hey y/n! Pope wanted to - " Pope grabbed JJ and put his hand round his mouth which muffled his sentences.

"I hate you JJ! I wanted to do this the proper way!"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Pope. "What do you want to say?"

"Well I was going to say it and it was going to be cute and everything; if the answer was the same and I think it would be but now JJ is here and it isn't going to be as cute as I hoped it would be. I mean if you say no then it won't be awkward because JJ already made it awkward so what - "

"Yes. Yes Pope I like you." I said smiling and shaking my head.

"What? How did you know I was going to say that?"

"You let go of JJ and you put your arms behind your back which means you're telling the truth. Then you rambled on, and everything you said lead me to believe that. Was that what you were trying to say?"

"Yeah. And I think it was the worse way possible to spit it out."

"It could've been worse she could've said no and you both would've stood there awkwardly and lead me to - " I drained JJ out of my ears and I'm guessing so did Pope.

"Wanna go to the beach and chill?" Pope asked me.

"Yeah let's get as far as way from JJ as we possibly can." I laughed walking down the steps with him.

"Hey! Don't walk away from me while I'm talking!" I heard JJ shout.

"We already are!" I shouted back then looked at Pope. "I think we should run to the beach because I think we made JJ angry."

"Agreed." Pope laughed as we both ran to the beach.