[Midsummers] John B

"Mum I don't wanna go!!!!" I shouted walking down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Y/n you're going! End of! Now go get changed!"

"But I don't like anyone that'll be going! Clare won't be going and she's the only person I like!" I whined not wanting to go a single bit.

"Well you're going! I spent enough money on that dress so you'll be wearing it tonight so get her dressed!"

I rolled my eyes and groaned, as I walked up the stairs and into my wardrobe.

"I hate the midsummers it actually makes me want to cry." I started talking to myself as I grabbed the dress.

I got changed and was debating whether or not to put makeup on. I didn't in the end, because I couldn't be asked. And this is what I wore:

I grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs to see my mum, dad and my idiotic brother

"Finally. Let's get going." My dad said as he started walking out of the house.

"Y/n! Why are you bringing your phone? You know you can't bring your phone to formal events!"

"Yeah but no one will talk to me! I'll be looking depressed so just let me bring my phone, please."

"Nope! You are not bringing your phone!" My mum shouted at me as she made me put it down.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes as I put my phone on the kitchen island and walked out towards the car.

*******

It's been about and hour, I've sat at a table the whole hour and no one has given any effort to talk to me.

I looked up to the dance floor and saw a guy with a backpack on with a floral shirt and shorts. He looked kind of cute.

I didn't keep my gaze long, because I felt as if he would catch me so, I carried on starring at my glass being depressed.

"Hey," I jumped as the guy I was starring at sat on the chair next to me clearly out of breath and a piece of hair in his face.

"Hi?"

"You doing alright?" I was so confused right now.

"Yeah. I'm doing alright, you?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm great! And I'm John B by the way."

"Y/n." I replied as I slouched back in the chair like he was.

"Nice name. And can you help me right now?" He leaned forward as if he was going to ask me to help him with a murder. "My friend JJ is trying to see how many people's drinks he can steal and he's winning, can you help me?"

I looked around before debating my choice and half the adults didn't care what was going on, so I wouldn't get in trouble.

"Hell yeah! Where do we start?"

Me and John B stood up, and he showed me what JJ was doing, and what adults they have already stole drinks from. Then we started.

Me and John B teamed up and I think we managed to get tied with JJ so we were doing good. And now we were stealing the final drinks.

"Okay. I think this would finish the tie and make us win if we take his drink." John B said as he pointed behind me.

And it was my dad. Shit.
But I decided to play along with it, because John B was cute and my dad would understand.

"Okay, he's my neighbour. If something romantic or what not would happen, he would look away from that - "

"So I'll kiss you and I'll steal his drink." I was put back on how forward he is, but I went along with it.

"Okay. Let's move."

John B nodded his head, as he held my hand and we walked in front of my dad and John B was ready to kiss me.

He pulled me into his chest, placed his lips onto mine and snaked his arms round my waist.

I moved my arms and managed to get them pass John B's back, and felt for the glass.

And...... boom...... Grabbed the glass. I pulled the glass round and bought it to my chest as I pulled away from John B.

"Got it." I smiled.

"Okay. And we beat JJ! And you're a really good kisser as well - wow!"

I blushed as I looked down at the floor, smiling.

"Thank you. And you're not so bad yourself it definitely wasn't your first kiss."

John B laughed, then I saw JJ walking over to us with his head hung low and slouching over.

"How does it feel losing JJ?" John B asked taking the glass out of my hand and started drinking it.

"It sucks, but at least I also got a kiss out of it. And nice to meet you." JJ said speaking to me.

"You too."

JJ and John B started talking about the game, and him winning, well us winnijg. But it was cut short by my mum coming to my side.

"Come on y/n. We're going home, because of your idotic brother."

I didn't get to say anything, because my mum grabbed my arm and pulled me away from John B and JJ.

"I'll see you on our date at the wreck! Tomorrow 4pm! Don't be late!" John B shouted to me.

"I'll be there!" I shouted back as I walked off of the patio and smiled to myself knowing I have a date.