[Stung by a bee] Pope

Me and Pope was sitting on one of the church benches and he was looking into the telescope.

"God I know I love treasure hunts but I just want to go home and lay in my bed." I said leaning on his shoulder. 

"Yeah but it'll be fun. We could be ten times richer then we already are." Pope said talking back but still looking in the telescope.

"Looking at that is completely pointless. We're sitting in a church and there's nothing special to look at."

"You got me babygirl." JJ said winking at me.

"I'll keep that in mind." I said matching his behaviour and winking back.

I laid my head back on Pope's shoulder but he shrugged it off and walked away. "Um okay." I whispered to myself.

Then, all of a sudden he started climbing up to the beams. "Woah woah woah!" I shouted getting up from my seat and walking towards him. "What are you doing?!?"

"The cross is in the church. There's 4 crosses here. In the church. It has to be in one of these."

"Pope, I know we're the pogues and are meant to do crazy shit. But this is mentally insane." John B said rushing next to me.

"Y/n, you want a treasure hunt. Sometimes they're dangerous." Pope said continuing climbing the beam.

"Omg he's gonna die." I said under my breath and turning around. I heard the rest of them continuing to persuade Pope to come back down. But it didn't work.

"Okay this one is shallow." I whipped around and saw Pope relying on a support beam to prevent falling. "I'm going to the next one."

I saw him balance and walk over to the other cross and it was hallow, then he knocked on the last one. There was no sound.

"There's something in here!" Pope shouted.

"Pope be careful! There's a bee hive right there!" I shouted pointing at him.

His eyes moved to the hive and tried his best to work around it to open it and 'find the cross'.

"Holy shit!" Pope removed the wood and in it stood a golden cross. Right there, on top of the beam. 

"Holy shit that's the cross!" I shouted moving round to get a better angle. "That's a lot of gold!"

"Now we just gotta help put this down." Sarah said as she kept looking around the church for a way.

"Pope you could just try your best and push the cross out its place. Like yeah it'll break the floor, but at least we'll have the cross." JJ said as if it was the most casual thing in the world.

"I can't tell if that's a smart idea or not." Kiara said walking away and sitting on the bench.

"Well if that's the only idea. Do it then Pope." JJ said looking up at him. "But be aware of the bees! They might kill you!"

"The bees aren't gonna kill me. I'll get stung, but I'll be fine." Pope said as he kept kicking the wood.

Eventually, the cross somehow worked it's way onto the churchs floor, but Pope was hanging on by a literal finger on the beam.

"Get the cushions from the seats!" I shouted as I tried to position the pillows so he wouldn't break his legs. "Hold on! Hold on!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do y/n?!?!" I rolled my eyes, then right in front of me Pope landed just on the verge of the cushions.

"I thought you were trying to hold on?" I asked raising on eyebrow.

"I tried my best. Now help me up." I rolled my eyes then helped him up.

"You got stung! We need to get you help!" Kiara shouted coming towards us.

"No! We'll sort me out later! Let's get this cross out of here!" Pope walked away and tried to lift the cross up by himself but failed miserably.

"He's right. We've got to get this out of here." I said agreeing and following his actions.

"I hate when the smart ones are right." JJ said sighing and helping us as well as the others.

We all tried our best to lift the cross, and we managed to do so, but we were struggling. Before we could even get it out the door, Pope fell to the floor and our bodies somehow automatically let the cross drop.

"Shit!" JJ shouted.

"What?"

"This bloody well thing missed my foot my a centre metre! Good thing I wear boots."

"Pope's dying okay. Stop being a baby and suck it up."

"I'm dying here Sarah!"

"John B help me lift Pope up and to the car. JJ's obviously too weak to do so."

"Thank you! Y/n's getting my pain." I rolled my eyes and counted to 3, as me and John B carried him to the car. We chucked him in the boot as the rest of us climbed into the car.

"Where do we go now?" Kiara asked already starting the car.

"We could go to the hospital?"

"That's a good idea but we can't afford health care." JJ said looking at Sarah in the mirror. "But my cousin is a paramedic I can call in a favour."

********

"I knew he had a lot of energy in him." I said as I watched Pope run around and pull his top off.

"Yeah but I never knew he would have this much." Kiara said standing next to me, which lead me to shrugging my shoulders.

After we arrived at JJ's cousin's house, he helped Pope out of his trance with drugs. Not the ones he was growing in his house but actual medical ones. Turns out, Pope was allergic to a bee sting, but he's alright now.

"Y/n!" I looked over at Pope who was now running towards me. "Y/n!"

"Yeah, yeah that's my name." I said too confused. But to stop the thoughts going through my head Pope kissed me, I pulled away. "What? What are you doing?"

"I've liked you forever. And I needed to finally tell you! Shit! I'm in love with you!" My eyes went wide and I looked over at Kiara who shrugged her shoulders. "Y/n! Go on a date with me!"

"Um. Okay." I agreed, since he won't remember this in the morning because of how drugged he is. Plus, what's the harm on going on a date with him.

"I'M GOING ON A DATE WITH Y/N!" Pope shouted as he kissed me again, this time I didn't pull away. Fuck it. Maybe me and Pope will last.