Rookie [21]

Paul winced as he watched his daughter taking a DDT in the ring as he walked down the ramp towards her and Jon who were currently training.

"Hey dad! Come in here and help Jon train me, it's pretty hard with him doing it by himself." Kennedy smiled, getting up from the mat as she leaned on the ropes.

"Easy tiger. Today is day one, I don't think you need to do all the crazy stuff just yet. Why don't you run the ropes?"

"Did that." She smiled, watching her dad get in the ring.

"What about rolls?"

"Did that too dad." She giggled, going over to pat Jon on his chest.

"Jon taught me, he said I did it perfectly." She bubbled, pecking Jon on the lips while he chuckled.

Paul looked over at Jon and raised his eyes brows questionable but Jon nodded.

"Swear on it. She did good. We can go easy today and just go over a few of the basic moves. We just went over a regular DDT, so why don't we piggyback off that? We can go over clotheslines."

Paul nodded and walked towards Jon, instructing Kennedy to stand in the corner as he explained everything.

"First, you and Jon are going to lockup just like this. You let Jon get the upper hand so he can push you up against the ropes. Then you'll gain some speed and clothesline Jon right here."

Kennedy watched as her father and Jon locked up, Jon gaining the upper hand and releasing the hold so he could throw her dad against the ropes before taking a clothesline.

Jon got up and looked towards Kennedy, who nodded and switched places with her dad. Kennedy and Jon locked up firmly and just like she watched her dad do, she let him overpower and throw her up against the ropes. She felt the slight burn on her back as she bounced off them and ran forward with her arm extended, clotheslinning Jon to the mat with her standing above him.

"Good?" She asked as she stared down at Jon, who smiled and nodded his head.

Kennedy laughed and extended her arm out, helping him to stand on his feet. They both dusted off and looked towards Paul who leaned in the corner nodding his head and rubbing his hand through his beard.

"Let's work on dropkicks since you're picking this up fairly quickly. Neither Jon and I could perform it, but I'll explain it and hopefully you understand."

Kennedy giggled and nodded and watched again as Paul stood on the second rope and Jon stood in front of him.

"From up here you need to jump high enough and push your legs out as far as you can so you can kick Jon. Go at an angle. Once you jump shift your body to the right a bit, that way when you land you can brace yourself with your arms."

Her dad jumped off the top rope and positioned Jon far enough from the ropes as Kennedy hopped up onto the top rope and mentally remembered what her dad had explained to her.

"Ready when you are, babe." Jon spoke from where he stood, Kennedy nodded and took a deep breath.

Before she could second guess her actions, she did it and quickly stood up when her body hit the mat. She bent over below Jon and rubbed his chest.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry." She apologized repeatedly until she heard her dad chuckle from behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Good job, Kenny. You did it perfectly, but I don't think Jon expected such an impact. Didn't you Jon?" He asked patting his chest as he groaned and sat up.

"Yup." He said weakly as both Kennedy and Paul laughed, helping him back up.

"Come on, let's do some more. I can take it." Jon spoke, ruffling Kennedy's hair with one hand and rubbing his chest with the other.