Night in New Orleans [29]

"Okay, thank you again." Kennedy beamed, waving bye to a fellow producer after talking about the show when they ran into each other in the hall.

A whistle coming from behind her made her turn around and she smiled seeing it was Jon.

"You come here often?" He smirked, resting his arm on the wall as she giggled.

"Considering I work here, that would be a yes. You're getting arrested tonight." She smiled, hooking their arms and walking towards her office.

"Nothing I haven't done before."

"What did you get arrested for?" She rose her brow glancing over at her.

"My friends and I tried to steal a gaming system from a GameStop so we could resell it and make some cash."

She laughed and shook her head, "You were a troublemaker, weren't you?"

"You bet." He snickered, pulling open the door and letting her in.

"You didn't go to jail or juvy?"

He shook his head and followed her to her desk, "Gave me a warning then let me go. You know I could've made a few hundred bucks if I just ran out."

She rolled her eyes and took a seat, pulling out her phone as Jon looked over her shoulder.

"I texted your sister about gear. I think I want to do leather shorts with a leather top, then I'll do a jean jacket with some sort of art on the back of it?"

Jon smiled and nodded his head, "I'll do my regular gear, probably splurge on some new boots and another custom leather jacket, but I don't want much."

"As long as we're walking down that ramp together, we'll look great." She grinned, pecking his lips softly.

"I was thinking we go out after the show. Go get dinner a few blocks down from here and then go around the city until we find a place to get drinks."

"Sure. We should take the train."

He nodded his head and pointed to her phone, "Maybe you can ask Colbs if he could take our rental back for us since we can't leave it here."

"You know, I find it funny that ever since we got together seriously, everyone either contacts me to get to you or I contact people for you."

He rolled his eyes and poked her side as she pulled up her messages to text Colby. "I'm not a big tech guy, so I go to you for that stuff. Plus, I'm always with you or you always know where I am. How do you know that by the way?"

She giggled and rolled her eyes, "It's either you're in catering, my office, the locker room, or sitting on a cart. You don't stray too far from where I know you'll be."

"Intuitive, that's hot." He smirked, pecking her lips.

Her phone ringing made him groan. He always hated when their time was interrupted by a phone call, but that happened a lot since a plethora of people needed to contact her.

She grinned as she saw it was her cousin Karissa; they weren't at all close, but they were still family and talked a lot when they ran into each other at family parties.

"Hey Karissa."

"Kennedy! Thank god you picked up." She said letting out a sigh of relief.

"Of course. Is everything alright? You sound relieved to hear from me."

"Well, you see, I'm getting married, but it turns out one of my bridesmaids has it in for me and I need a last-minute fill in. Do you think you'll be able to hop on a flight and come down to Hawaii for the wedding?"