Greatest Man Alive [32]

"Why were you talking to her!" Kennedy shrieked sharply, pulling at her hair as Jon stared at her.

Stephanie stood in between the couple, rubbing her temples with her eyes closed. It all happened so fast, Kennedy stormed into her mother's office as Jon trailed behind her. The only thing Kennedy told her mom was that Renee and Jon were talking out in the halls before it became a screaming match - well, Jon wasn't screaming, just listening to what she was saying.

"Are you going to just stare at me? Answer me Jon." Kennedy added, shaking her head and looking at him.

"Hey! What's going on in here?" Paul declared immediately, shutting the door and making his way to them.

"Thank god." Steph sighed, shaking her head.

"He was talking to Renee out in the halls." Kennedy explained, and Jon turned his head to Paul.

"It's not what it sounds nor looked like. Yeah, we were talking, but she approached me and I instantly told her I wasn't interested in getting back together. It just so happened that Kennedy caught us at a bad time, I was just about to leave when she saw us."

"Oh sure, you were." Kennedy rolled her eyes and Jon turned to her and sighed.

"I'm serious, Kennedy. I told her to back off." Jon pointed out, her parents looking a bit skeptical, but still believing Jon. 

"Dad, do something." Kennedy shifted to Paul, who wiggled and rose his eyebrows.

"I-I don't know what you want me to do, Kenny? I mean, I believe him, you know Jon is a good man." Her father reasoned.

Stephanie stepped forward, resting her hand on Kennedy's shoulder and nodding. "Your father is right, Jon would never do anything to hurt you. And while I understand it was upsetting seeing him with Renee, you know Jon is telling the truth."

"Then tell me what you told her." Kennedy said whipping her head to Jon who stumbled upon his words. He would tell her the truth, but that would ruin everything that was laid out for them.

"I told her that uh- that, I...am not interested in getting back together with you because I love you and umm...yeah that's it."

"You're lying." Kennedy said, laughing coldly as she shook her head.

"I'm not, I swear." He held his hands up in defense, trying to save his ass. It was true; he wasn't ever going to be interested in getting back together with Renee, and he did love Kennedy very much, but there was something else he was hiding.

"Well, you're hiding something and that makes me sad because I thought we could be transparent about everything. I have a meeting, I'll see you later." She sighed nodding her head disappointed as she spun and walked out of her mother's office leaving her parents and Jon standing in the middle of the room.

They watched the door close and Stephanie nudged Jon's arm and shook her head, "What the hell happened."

Jon groaned as brushed his forehead, "I told the truth. I was going to find Kennedy in her office, but then Renee came up to me and asked to talk. I told her "no" but then she kinda just went on and how she wanted me to give her a second chance, but I stopped her and told her how much I love Kennedy and how I-"

Paul held out his hand, stopping Jon while he nodded his head, "I know where this is heading. Look, we've got to fix this, Kennedy is obviously hurt. You told the truth, but not the whole truth."

"There's got to be some way we can fix this. I made her feel depressed, I never do that to her." Jon plopped down onto the couch and Steph took a deep breath and nodded.