No DQ [31]

"Tell me all about Maui!" Ashley beamed, sitting in front of Kennedy as they went out to get lunch together.

It had been forever since they got time like this. Usually Kennedy was busy with business things and all the other things she does, but she had some time to spare today.

"It was amazing. It's so beautiful there, I have a lot of respect for the island and the culture." She smiled as Ash nodded.

"I'm surprised you didn't come back engaged, based on the photos you sent me, you and Jon looked just about ready to get hitched."

Kennedy laughed and shook her head. She had sent Ashley a few photos of her and Jon, one that she didn't share on her social media since it was their private relationship.

"Why is everyone saying Jon and I should get engaged? I swear first it was Matt, then the girls, now you."

Ashley just laughed and shook her head. I mean, the two of them were in love, so why not just do it?

"Do you not want him to propose?"

"When he's ready, in all due time." Kennedy assured her and she nodded.

"Hall of Fame is around the corner, did you want to go dress shopping together?" Ash suggested and Kennedy nodded.

"Yes please, and can we get our nails done? Mine needs some color to match my gear." She said holding out her hands and showing Ashley her outgrown pink nails.

She nodded and smiled, "We can do that. Speaking of gear, did Jon's sister figure it out?"

"Yeah, she's been sending Jon and I progress pictures and she's almost done with it."

"What colors are you doing again?"

"Well, the actual gear is just black leather with a few white and green stitching. Michelle was able to stich Jon and I's initials on the top somewhere near the band. Then the jean jacket is the same medium wash jeans that Jon is going to wear. And she's still working on the art piece on the back."

"Isn't it so exciting? I can't wait to watch the match, I know you two are going to kick butt out there."

"Thanks Ash, and I can't wait for your match too, you're going to kick ass."

_

Kennedy smiled and hugged Ashley goodbye when the elevator stopped on her floor. They would meet up again later on in the week to find their Hall of Fame dresses as well as get their nails done.

She walked down the halls until she stopped at her and Jon's suite. Digging out the keycard from her purse, she slid it through and heard the lock undo as she pushed the door open.

"Sweet face!" She called out and smiled when he heard him peek his head out.

"How was lunch with Ash?" He asked, pulling her into his arms.

"It was good, nice to catch up with her again. We're actually going to pick out our dresses for the Hall of Fame and get our nails done later on this week." She smiled, pecking his lips.

"I forgot about that, I need a new suit." He told her and she laughed, nodding her head.

"You should go with the guys and my dad, they should be able to help you pick out a nice one. Get you looking nice and snazzy for the red carpet." She said playfully fixing his hair.

"I always look snazzy." He joked, and she rolled her eyes before heading over to her luggage to pull out her cosmetic bag heading to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?"

"Take out my contacts." She said pointing at her eyes and Jon followed, watching in the doorway of the bathroom as she carefully pulled the lenses off her eyes.