First Day [4]

A week passed since Kennedy had visited her grandpa and she was finally heading back on the road to see him again. He would be presenting her with the contact today alongside her parents, of course. She was nervous to find out what her job would be here at the company. She suspected it was being a part of the media team or management back home in Hartford.

"Come in!" Vince called out as he heard a knock on his office door. Kennedy strolled in and hugged both her parents and grandpa before sitting down.

"Where are the other three rascals?" Paul asked, referring to his other daughters that they brought along since it was their fall break.

"Back in the locker room, they wanted to take a nap, so I figured I leave them to it." She replied and her father nodded.

"Now, onto business. Are you excited, Kenny?" Vince smirked, looking through her papers and glancing up at her when she smiled.

"Yes! So tell me, what's my position? Management? Video production?" She begged and Vince lifted his brow. Did she really think he would give her those jobs?

"Now, now, can I get a drum roll, please?" Paul drummed his fingers against the desk, making Kennedy giggle.

"Congratulations Kenny! You're the new general manager of Monday Night Raw!" Vince announced proudly and Kennedy's eyes enlarged in shock.

"E-Excuse me? General manager?"

"That's not all Kenny. You're also going to be working as a producer alongside myself. We need a new face and I think you'll be the perfect fit!" He added, making her eyes widen even more if that was possible.

"Gramps—I think you've made a mistake. I can barley manage a band how do you expect me to manage a million dollar company like this?" She questioned, rubbing her hands together nervously and glancing between her parents and grandfather.

"Kennedy McMahon-Levesque, do you think I would offer you these roles if I didn't believe in you?" He spoke sharply, and she shook her head.

"Then you've got your answer. Kennedy, your parents, and I believe in you. If there is anyone who can do this, it is you. You've got the skills, you've got the passion, and you have the beauty. This company is going to hopefully be in your hands one day and this is the perfect training. You have to believe in yourself, Kenny. We can sit here and vouch for you and tell you we believe, but if you don't see it in yourself it means nothing." He explained, and she sighed. Her grandfather was right yet again.

"Listen to your grandpa, honey. I know you can do it, you're a McMahon-Levesque, you can do anything you put your heart into. If you're having second thoughts, then that's totally okay, we can forget about this and you can head back home. What is it going to be, princess?" Paul said getting out of his seat to stand behind his daughter and rest a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Kennedy gulped and nodded her head. She could do this, she just need to believe in herself.

"Yes, I can do it." She said firmly, picking up the pen and signing the contract. Everyone smiled and cheered quietly as it was finally official.

"So when do I start?" Kennedy smiled, looking at her grandpa.

"Tonight. You should get going and start reading through these." Vince smirked, handing his granddaughter the script for tonight along with notes for when she would sit with him at the monitors.

"Sounds great. I promise I'll make you proud." Kennedy happily accepted the scripts and raced out the door, wanting to prioritize everything.