Philophobia [18]

Kennedy strode into her and Jon's hotel room and wiped away at the tears that still fell tirelessly. She had left the arena without Jon, thanks to a driver that was on hand to take her back to the hotel.

Her grandpa and mother did their very best to assure her that Jonathan and her dad were going to make things better, but it seemed like such a far reach. It actually startled her that the two didn't tear each other apart before she blurted out that she loved Jonathan.

The young girl moaned and sat on her side of the bed, grabbing the bouquet of carnations that Jon had gotten her in the morning and staring at them.

"Happy freaking one month to us." She mumbled placing the flowers back down on the table and falling back on the bed.

Kennedy telling Jonathan that she loved him in front of dad and getting no response back made her feel like a complete joke. She understood that Jon would only say he loved her back if he felt that way, but it stung that he didn't say anything. What also stung was her father silently admitting that he was scared Jonathan was going to turn out like Tommy.

Sure, there were a lot of things that Kennedy was unsure about regarding her and Jon's fairly fresh relationship, but one thing that she knew for sure was that Jonathan was nothing like Tommy. Not even in the slightest.

In the one month that Kennedy and Jon had been dating, he had treated her better than Tommy did in their years of on and off relationship. It was easy to tell that Jonathan actually cared about her and wanted nothing but the best for her, while Tommy only cared for himself and wanted nothing but her and her family's money.

Her thoughts about everything were disturbed when she heard sounds outside her door. She stumbled up from the bed and swung it open, dumbfounded to see her dad and Jonathan whispered to each other. Or at least trying to be quiet.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Kennedy peered at the two men as they looked at her with a loss for words.

Her eyes were bloodshot red, cheeks stained with tears. Both of them felt guilty for being the cause of this, neither one of them meant to make her feel this way.

"Well, uh...here Kenny, this is for you." Her father handed her a bouquet of red carnations, exactly like the ones Jon got her.

She took it from him and stood stiffly, waiting for either of them to speak.

"I know you're upset and you deserve to be after what I did and said to you. This is my fault 100% and I own up to it, I should have never lashed out and even cursed at you."

Paul paused, looking between his daughter and Jon before exhaling deeply.

"And I understand now that Jon makes you happy and I never in a million years want to take away your happiness. And you were right—I was the one who set you two up, so I have no reason to act this way. Whatever difference Jon and I have, we'll put them aside and work on it." Paul said while Jon nodded his head in understanding.

Kennedy smiled softly and stepped closer to her dad, giving him a hug. "Thank you for apologizing."

"Sorry again, princess." He kissed the top of her head and pulled away from the hug.

Kennedy looked over at Jon who stood up against the wall, hands in his pocket as his eyes looked around the empty hallway.

"I'll let you and Jon talk. Call me if you need anything. Goodnight Kenny—night Jon." Paul reached over, holding his hand out and allowing Jon to shake it and give a nod of approval.

Without speaking, Kennedy held the door open, letting Jon in as he pulled his suitcase behind him. She shut and locked the door, making her way over to the bed, watching his movements. He set down his suitcase, pulled off his leather jacket and turned around to face her.