Life Currently [44]

"Look at daddy reaching for the briefcase baby!" Kennedy exclaimed as Zoey sat in her lap facing the TV. 

They were now officially traveling by bus, which conveniently had a nice living room and flatscreen where they were currently re-watching the 2016 Money In The Bank event where Jon successfully won the briefcase and the championship later on that night.

Zoey cooed loudly in a cheery way, seeing her dad standing on top of the lander and unhooking the briefcase.

"Whatcha guys up to?" Jon said opening the door to the bus where he saw Kennedy and Zoey sitting on the couch happily cheering. 

Kennedy turned her head and smiled seeing that Jon was back from a meeting with her grandfather, "Hey stud, just watching re-runs." 

He bent down to peck her lips before turning his attention to the screen, where it was him holding case in his hand. He remembered that day just like it was yesterday, even if it was a good year and a half ago. He walked over and sat down beside them, taking Zoey from her arms and laying her on his chest.

"One day, daddy is gonna win that championship again, hell maybe the universal one." Kennedy challenged, looking over at Zoey, who grabbed onto Jon's shirt and gurgled.

"I doubt that." Jon chuckled as Kennedy pouted and rubbed his neck.

"Why's that?"

"I dunno where they're going with my character. Dunn has been pissing me off for the last couple of months. He doesn't give any of my pitches a thought. He thinks I'm fuckin' stupid." Jon's lip curled up, and Kennedy instantly knew that the thought of the executive pissed him off.

Kevin Dunn is the Executive Vice President of TV Production and many superstars have voiced their displeasure at working with him as he made work an absolute hell hole. He held immense power as he has been with the company for years and Vince took a fondness to him since his father saved a bunch of tapes from being burned in a fire back in the day. But of course, Dunn used his power to his advantage in attempting to bury newbies and essentially being a pessimistic and misogynistic asshole. Kennedy had little to no interaction with him since her job mainly pretained to talking to talent about schedules and only spoke about storylines a bit. 

Kennedy gave him a comforting look pushed his hair back. "He's missing out on a true superstar and future legend, so screw him."

He snorted, kissing her lips before going back to play with Zoey giving her his fingers to hold. 

"And hey, who knows, maybe one day I'll be the new executive. I am starting to shadow TJ and Johnny Ace." A smile spread on his face, but he quickly took it off and cleared his throat.

"Make me one promise." He looked over at Kennedy, who rose her brow and nodded.

"When you become a writer or producer, I don't want you to give me a push." His voice, tone, and facial expressions showed he was dead serious about this.

The last thing he needed was for people backstage to give him shit because his fiancee was producing his matches and pitching storylines for him. He knew that even if Kennedy did it out of the goodness of her heart and never to be biased, the other writers and producers who take it that way and ultimately start shit backstage. He'd only take the push if it was any other writer or producer pitch it besides Kennedy. 

"Where's this coming from?" Kennedy asked, shaking her head as he sighed.

"Those producers and writers back there hold a lot of power, sweetheart. If they find out that you're producing my matches or pitching storylines for me, they'll assume that I asked you to do it. And that's going to get some heat that I don't want for either of us." He told her carefully as she nodded.